Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I could be wrong but I thought the niners traded their own picks to move up. We have all our picks so we should have that option in a better draft. We could also trade the rams pick for a first next year. We have options.

Where do these qb’s fall in comparison to the last 2 drafts if they all came out in the same one? Are we getting a Trevor Lawrence this draft or a Kenny Pickett? I’ll pass on the Picketts even if it’s our “last year” to use a premium pick on QB

To be clear, I’ve said it before. I agree with the idea of taking AR BUT only if the value is right or something during the draft process gets uncovered that makes him a no brainer. I’d prefer him later in the round.

Stroud and Young are on a different planet compared to Pickett. A ton of ppl didn’t believe he was a first round QB.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I doubt the plan is to move up. Goff is Holmes' guy. He's smart enough to realize that despite the playoffs talk, this is still a 6-7 win team on paper and Year 3 was always the goal for true playoff contention. That means filling holes and bolstering positions, which you can't do by trading multiple picks to select a QB who won't start. Defensive line still needs more bodies, and while I like Buggs I'd imagine the goal is for him to be a rotational bench guy behind whoever we draft to play alongside McNeill. Same with Cominsky.

Paschal has had flashes but looked bad yesterday. Gotta hope him having a training camp next year will get him fully on track. But still...more d-line pieces are needed. Our Jalen Carter dream is now dead but obviously I'm gonna trust that Holmes will find talent.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I didn't know until just now that GB plays Minnesota next week. That should be an L for GB. They're gunning for a first week bye, they won't be sitting players. Lions just gotta win at home against a Chicago team that can't pass down the field. After that we can talk about Lambeau.
Yea Minny is gonna sweep GB in GB :heh:

Im sure the last week will be a Lions sweep in GB as well :heh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I haven't expected many wins this year but I expect one here. No excuse to lose. And Jameson Williams needs to get some actual touches, not just snaps. I feel like part of the reason he was held back - beyond understandably going slow with him as he recovers and learns the offense - was to potentially unleash him in the playoffs. But at this point with playoffs no longer in our control, we might as well just get him some touches.

Lines that matter to us...
Week 17:
DET -6 vs. CHI
NYG -5 vs. IND
WAS -2.5 vs. CLE
NYJ -2 vs. SEA
GB -3.5 vs. MIN
LAC -6.5 VS. LAR (draft pick)

Browns and Deshaun Watson have been a dumpster fire so I can't really see them beating Washington. But the Jets can def beat Seattle.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps

I haven't expected many wins this year but I expect one here. No excuse to lose. And Jameson Williams needs to get some actual touches, not just snaps. I feel like part of the reason he was held back - beyond understandably going slow with him as he recovers and learns the offense - was to potentially unleash him in the playoffs. But at this point with playoffs no longer in our control, we might as well just get him some touches.

Lines that matter to us...

Week 17:

DET -6 vs. CHI

NYG -5 vs. IND

WAS -2.5 vs. CLE

NYJ -2 vs. SEA

GB -3.5 vs. MIN

LAC -6.5 VS. LAR (draft pick)

Browns and Deshaun Watson have been a dumpster fire so I can't really see them beating Washington. But the Jets can def beat Seattle.

Washington is starting Wentz. That's a dub for Cleveland

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

:francis:
The Seattle and Carolina games looked like the defense was completely unprepared and zero adjustments were made. I'd be surprised if they fired Glenn but if Fields runs all over them again this weekend, it needs to be a legitimate discussion.

I know they don't have the players to completely shut down running QBs but Fields hasn't shown he can consistently throw at this point of his career. Stack the box and make Fields throw for 300+ yards.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Same shyt from Glenn's defense. Literally one thing they should have focused on this week. :francis:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Fields has no vision. Had a guy wide open on that third down play but just kept his head down and looked for a running lane.

Just keep this guy in the pocket.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Okudah has officially been benched two weeks in a row :francis:
Might as well convert his ass to safety next year