Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How the Lions lost is what makes it so bad. A close loss to the Panthers where CAR caught a couple breaks/tipped balls/etc might be expected, but they got destroyed by a team with a losing record and gave up crazy rushing numbers.
I feel ya. The performance was pathetic but a loss is a loss. Hopefully this is a wake up call and they can focus for the next 2 games. For us the playoffs start this week.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Lions still have easier path to playoffs than NYG, WSH.
NYG- Colts, @Philly
WSH- Cle, Dal both at home
Seattle has easiest schedule with falling Jets and Rams.
Lions Just have to beat Chi, GB and hope WSH, Sea go atleast 1-1

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
We was due to lose a game. Please stop with drafting a QB talk. Goff ain't it. The defense was awful today.

That's what we need to address the offseason

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
We was due to lose a game. Please stop with drafting a QB talk. Goff ain't it. The defense was awful today.

That's what we need to address the offseason
You can address both.

Lions gonna end up like Colts waiting and waiting for a franchise QB that’s not going to fall into their lap. Great franchises like SF, KC were in same current dilemma and got theirs QB when they had solid QBs already.

Pretty sure Holmes gonna be super aggressive in FA. Lions should have enough cap space to sign 3 starters on defense. Be in position to draft BPA and not reach for defensive needs

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You can address both.

Lions gonna end up like Colts waiting and waiting for a franchise QB that’s not going to fall into their lap. Great franchises like SF, KC were in same current dilemma and got theirs QB when they had solid QBs already.

Pretty sure Holmes gonna be super aggressive in FA. Lions should have enough cap space to sign 3 starters on defense. Be in position to draft BPA and not reach for defensive needs
Both teams were better than us when they made their move. We can do the same after we improve our defense.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Both teams were better than us when they made their move. We can do the same after we improve our defense.
No you can’t because this is the last year the Lions have extra assets. If your going to draft a QB high. This is the year. Lions aren’t that far away from contending.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Lions still have easier path to playoffs than NYG, WSH.
NYG- Colts, @Philly
WSH- Cle, Dal both at home
Seattle has easiest schedule with falling Jets and Rams.
Lions Just have to beat Chi, GB and hope WSH, Sea go atleast 1-1
Giants control their destiny with a win in any of their last two games so not easier than us.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No you can’t because this is the last year the Lions have extra assets. If you’re going to draft a QB high. This is the year. Lions aren’t that far away from contending.
I could be wrong but I thought the niners traded their own picks to move up. We have all our picks so we should have that option in a better draft. We could also trade the rams pick for a first next year. We have options.

Where do these qb’s fall in comparison to the last 2 drafts if they all came out in the same one? Are we getting a Trevor Lawrence this draft or a Kenny Pickett? I’ll pass on the Picketts even if it’s our “last year” to use a premium pick on QB

To be clear, I’ve said it before. I agree with the idea of taking AR BUT only if the value is right or something during the draft process gets uncovered that makes him a no brainer. I’d prefer him later in the round.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
shyt Miami needs a QB not us. Tua was terrible in the 2nd half today.

We need to sure up the defense

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I didn't know until just now that GB plays Minnesota next week. That should be an L for GB. They're gunning for a first week bye, they won't be sitting players. Lions just gotta win at home against a Chicago team that can't pass down the field. After that we can talk about Lambeau.