Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I have to admit that it feels weird, listening to national pundits talk about this team without qualifiers or anything that is low-key backhanded. They are looked at as a legitimate team with relevance. I still feel like our coach is the weakest link but he's surrounded by people who do know what they are doing so his influence is probably not oversized.

Brad Holmes turns water into wine.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
I'm starting to notice Kelee Ringo from Georgia get mocked in the top 5-7 of the draft. Personally I don't think Holmes values CB enough to take it that high, especially with two 1st rounders. They could get the best player available with the first one, then get a CB with the second. Lot of good CBs mocked in the teens including Christian Gonzales from Oregon. The Lions have sent scouts to multiple Oregon games this year.

If Anderson and Carter are gone by the time we pick, I'd consider Myles Murphy. DE/DT from Clemson. Rams lost tonight and should lose next weekend to the Broncos, which will get the pick to #3.

I trust Holmes so much I honestly don't care if he goes DT,DE,QB or even trades out. Having those two picks he literally can do whatever he wants. We'll never know his board.

And Fucc Arod. Hopefully we have to beat them to get in, need to earn it and putting him out on his sword should be the only way.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I trust Holmes so much I honestly don't care if he goes DT,DE,QB or even trades out. Having those two picks he literally can do whatever he wants. We'll never know his board.

And Fucc Arod. Hopefully we have to beat them to get in, need to earn it and putting him out on his sword should be the only way.
Can’t front, best case scenario is we can trade out of the rams pick. Hopefully a qb lands there and a qb needy team trades this years and next years first. Maybe N.O., Car, Tenn, Ind wanna leapfrog each other.

For obvious reasons, I think Car, Tenn and Ind fall in love with Levis if Houston doesn’t draft him.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Can’t front, best case scenario is we can trade out of the rams pick. Hopefully a qb lands there and a qb needy team trades this years and next years first. Maybe N.O., Car, Tenn, Ind wanna leapfrog each other.

For obvious reasons, I think Car, Tenn and Ind fall in love with Levis if Houston doesn’t draft him.

If they're keeping Goff and and Carter is off the board this is my preferred outcome. Even if it's like swap first and pick up a second, third, or next year two depending on how far you're going back. That way you can overpay for an RB or take a project QB. I don't see a talent difference from 6-18. Hell, I've seen 6 different DB's be rated #1 in the class.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

We will have to wave goodbye to Jonah Jackson just like we did Hock unless we do something with goff

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

We will have to wave goodbye to Jonah Jackson just like we did Hock unless we do something with goff

If Goff needs to restructure, I'm sure he will. From what I've heard, he actually wants to be here. Holmes is one of the few people that believes in him. I'll repeat myself, Holmes "banged the table" for Goff. Goff can't be stupid enough to leave this situation when it just got good for a couple of bucks.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why wouldn’t they pay Jackson?

Going to be decisions made if he’s up at the end of next year and Sewell/St Brown in 24. They should all be top 10 at their positions and should get paid accordingly. That means forgoing free agency even though our back 7 is dying for an impact FA.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
TE isn't a position of value $ wise unless you have Kittle/Kelce/etc. Guard is definitely a position of value and Jonah Jackson is one of the best in the league, so I expect to retain him. Still got some time before he has to be re-signed too.

The good thing about this rebuild vs Quinn or even Mayhew is that Holmes is hitting on so many draft picks that it gives us a clear window to have a lot of guys on cheap deals. Sure if Hutch continues to improve he's going to command a huge extension in a few years. St Brown will too. Given how high the total NFL cap keeps going I cant really worry about it. This is the situation every NFL team wants to be in. One more draft class like the last two and the team will be poised for great things

Only thing I'd say is that it's time for Holmes to draft a late round o-lineman. We need a better depth option for next year depending on what happens with Vaitai. I don't want to see Dan Skipper or Evan Brown getting significant starter snaps again lol.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
TE isn't a position of value $ wise unless you have Kittle/Kelce/etc. Guard is definitely a position of value and Jonah Jackson is one of the best in the league, so I expect to retain him. Still got some time before he has to be re-signed too.

The good thing about this rebuild vs Quinn or even Mayhew is that Holmes is hitting on so many draft picks that it gives us a clear window to have a lot of guys on cheap deals. Sure if Hutch continues to improve he's going to command a huge extension in a few years. St Brown will too. Given how high the total NFL cap keeps going I cant really worry about it. This is the situation every NFL team wants to be in. One more draft class like the last two and the team will be poised for great things

Only thing I'd say is that it's time for Holmes to draft a late round o-lineman. We need a better depth option for next year depending on what happens with Vaitai. I don't want to see Dan Skipper or Evan Brown getting significant starter snaps again lol.
The rams based the middle rounds of the draft on who would be a free agent in 2 years in hopes to find a replacement. I wonder if he continues the trend.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Going to be decisions made if he’s up at the end of next year and Sewell/St Brown in 24. They should all be top 10 at their positions and should get paid accordingly. That means forgoing free agency even though our back 7 is dying for an impact FA.
I say go all-in now. Windows open and close quickly in the NFL. They have a bunch of young talent on cheap contracts. Take advantage now.

Holmes has shown he can draft. They can restock the cupboards in the future.