Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Understand but this Lions last chance to pick from cream of crop at QB position in a draft. Lions have Alex Smith at QB. They have to make a choice which direction they go. I get it either way
We aren't getting a new QB breh, it's time to come to terms with that. They are going to insulate Goff as much as possible.

Best GM of our lives.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
We aren't getting a new QB breh, it's time to come to terms with that. They are going to insulate Goff as much as possible.

Best GM of our lives.

Did Paschal play today? They're still easing him back after the knee injury but Houston's arrival has definitely made the snap counts slimmer on the d-line. Then add in Okwara and it's even slimmer.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
NY v WAS tonight. NY got at least one more L left on the schedule (at Minny next week). That last game against Philly would be an L under normal circumstances but Philly is likely gonna sit starters since they'll have a playoff bye. Flip side WAS also has one for sure L left (at SF next week) but could win out after that. End the season against Dallas.

One of them has to lose at least two games for us to get into the playoffs.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

@FukkaPaidEmail it’s a good problem to have but gotta hope Jalen Carter is there. I’d still probably take Will Anderson if Carter is gone since he’s the best player available but it could be dicey. Looking at next year between guys who will be back and who will likely be re-signed, I'd imagine:

-Hutch
-Paschal
-Houston
-Cominsky

Romeo could get cut to save cap space but given how well he's playing let's assume he comes back. That's five DE/edge. Maybe if they go with Will Anderson in the draft, they move Paschal to DT; he played both in college, has played both at times for the Lions too, lots of versatility.

DT wise I assume...

-McNeill
-Buggs

Assuming Levi's career is finished, there would be plenty of room for Paschal to take most of his snaps at DT. Best scenario is still gonna be Jalen Carter but I could see how Will Anderson could still fit.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Makes no sense that the second worst team from a year ago has the toughest schedule in the league.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Any of these corners worth a top 5 pick?

Could miss out on Carter and not sure Anderson the best fit anymore.

Okudah is a solid #2 cb at this point. Lions need that shutdown guy. They cannot go another year trotting Will Harris and Amani out there. Crazy how good Sauce is already. Stingly doing pretty well in Houston too.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Any of these corners worth a top 5 pick?

Could miss out on Carter and not sure Anderson the best fit anymore.

Okudah is a solid #2 cb at this point. Lions need that shutdown guy. They cannot go another year trotting Will Harris and Amani out there. Crazy how good Sauce is already. Stingly doing pretty well in Houston too.

I'm starting to notice Kelee Ringo from Georgia get mocked in the top 5-7 of the draft. Personally I don't think Holmes values CB enough to take it that high, especially with two 1st rounders. They could get the best player available with the first one, then get a CB with the second. Lot of good CBs mocked in the teens including Christian Gonzales from Oregon. The Lions have sent scouts to multiple Oregon games this year.

If Anderson and Carter are gone by the time we pick, I'd consider Myles Murphy. DE/DT from Clemson. Rams lost tonight and should lose next weekend to the Broncos, which will get the pick to #3.