Official 2022-2023 Atlanta Hawks season thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Dre is important but idk if he’s worth 95ms. Hind sight we should have let him play this season out and then see what’s up. Ever since he’s been in the league it’s been the same shyt, injuries and inconsistency.
He is worth it. If you have a big wing, they are going for a premium. It's the new 90s and 2000s center where they get paid a lot more than they should. It is what it is.

If you put Hunter on the block, a lot of teams will call and offer, whereas no one is really calling for JC.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Hunter as a wing is just ok. He is injury prone and when healthy is serviceable defensively with just ok offensive production. He’s not the problem but he’s also not a part of the long term solution IMO

@Motife43 I agree with you that Schlenk was essentially fired and now there have been other front office shakeups with personnel that have happened this wk. It makes me think we’ll be active in getting involved with a trade sooner than most teams. This season feels like it’s already slipping away
I think he's part of the long term solution. Finding big wings is next to impossible. For just "a okay wing", he's a top 11-13 SF. I know they suck after 13 but that's the point, they are in limited supply like centers in the 90s and 2000s where 10-11 teams had them, everyone else was playing Etan Thomas and Zaza.

Ya'll keep harping on his salary but it's a premium to have a big wing. It's the top position in the NBA. 2nd is offensive PG. And 3rd is high end defensive centers.

Of course superstars and stars are what every team wants but they are hard to come by.

The rest why it's so hard to trade JC is he plays the least important position in the modern NBA and his lack of flexibility kills his value to teams trying to win games. You can't be positionally limited to only being able to defend 4s but you can't defend high end offensive 4 either. That's hard to really win with.

Guys like Hunter have tremendous value. Can defend 4 positions plus big wings. Can shoot from range and can take the ball to the hole. Rebounding and passing is an issue for Dre but he still is a player you need to be a contender.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Next 10 games are tough. This stretch will make or break this season

We are punting the season if we wait for Nate to resign:hubie:
Nate isn't coming back. We just don't have any options at replacing him that make any sense right now. He will retire at the end of the season.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Nate isn't coming back. We just don't have any options at replacing him that make any sense right now. He will retire at the end of the season.
I think he has let this be known within the organization, and hence the reason he hasn't been fired yet. They will let him bow out gracefully at the end of the season.