Official 2021 NBA All Star “Weekend” Thread [Covid Edition Live from ATL]

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Probably the worst one in recent history. And Im not a perennial dunk contest basher.
yeah i feel ya. i saw some highlights on youtube and looks like they showed all the dunks. nothing too special. its been watered down a bit lately and even more so with no big names and a smaller field this year. its gotten to the point where someone will need to do something really crazy to impress. All the usual dunks like between the legs, windmills, jumping over someone, bouncing off the glass or high bounce, free throw line, etc., have all been done already. Not too much innovation lately. I did see buddy had the basketball up on the backboard and went up and grabbed it but I'm sure stuff like that has been done before. Thing with dunk contest is that there's so much variety of dunks that could be done that hopes go up in anticipation of seeing something extraordinary. It's not like something like the home run derby where you gonna get the same type of home runs every year with not much chance of change. Dunk contest is unique each year so the pressure is high. They just haven't really wowed me too much past few years.