Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Its funny people make a big deal about this.

1. Has a house in Burlington, VT where he's from... duh. And if you looked at his house, its a nice single family home not a mansion. He bought it for $400,000 in 2009.

2. He has a house in Washington, DC. Well, of course. He's been working in DC since 1991. A rowhouse near the US Capitol and he bought it before real estate really shot off.

3. Their summer house they bought with cash in 2016 was due to Jane selling her share of her family’s long-time vacation home in Bridgton, Maine, to her brother for $150,000, added some money from her retirement account and from an advance Bernie got on a book he wrote to come up with the money to buy house with no mortgage.

I realize this is the coli but he has a few million dollars worth of real estate and is a prime example of wealth and resource hoarding by his generation and the one after.

:laff:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
This discussion has never happened on here, but it would be very interesting to see how people came to their politics. There’s usually a life event.

Initially got into politics during college, there was an election my freshman year. Voted for Kerry he lost.
Became a Democrat, probably because of my parents.
Later, Obama got elected and I was in Indiana and helped turn it blue.
Over time got fed up with the system/status quo which I think is broken, also got tired of the 2 party structure. I felt disenfranchised as a voter, especially in Texas
Became an Independent.

Now I’m support candidates who are about fixing this mess we’ve created.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This discussion has never happened on here, but it would be very interesting to see how people came to their politics. There’s usually a life event.

Definitely wasn't linear for me.

Was born in NY to African immigrants who were die hard Democrats. My dad has framed a letter Bill Clinton sent him in the 90s, bless his heart :heh:

I think in college I began to understand more the impacts of slavery and structured, targeted discrimination against black folk here (dejure and defacto). I read "A People's History of the US" and was mind blown. Took me a while to separate class based struggle and the strife along racial lines. It's a nuance that some people fail to grasp, so they focus on one in neglect of the other.

Not the strongest economist but early on I realized the the theory of trickle down economics was garbage. Took a bit longer to dispose with the notion that the American Dream is viable for a majority of Americans (spoiler alert: it isn't).

Viewed the American thirst for war as an extension of imperialism so have always been against saber-rattlers.

And in the last 2-3 years, have been turned off by the notion of slow pragmatism in politics, especially among the Democratic party. I'm continually disgusted by Biden yearning to restore the "soul of this country"... Like dude, at what point in time was the "soul" of this country optimised for anyone but the white man? :mjtf:

There are a few more threads but these are definitely significant in the formation of my political mindset today.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Man, I was at a community meeting a few days ago and the amount of black men caping for Trump enraged me.

Care to elaborate what they were caping? It's 2020 so I hope it wasn't related to him being some kind of legitimate businessman (that was quite popular in 2016-17).

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Care to elaborate what they were caping? It's 2020 so I hope it wasn't related to him being some kind of legitimate businessman (that was quite popular in 2016-17).

First Step Act. A lot of "leaders" back in the day have gotten out of jail behind it. These are men who can direct other young black men to the voting booth and tell them who to vote for. They were doing a lot of that. I tried to talk to one I personally knew from my neighborhood as respectful as I could. He was pretty firm on his position. He had life in prison and is home now because of it. A lot of dudes who love him are happy he is home and were listening to him like a young bytches in love for the first time.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Mike Bloomberg
·
We already have a president who caves to the NRA.

We don't need another one.

wasn't someone just attacking Bernie as being against gun rights here?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
First Step Act. A lot of "leaders" back in the day have gotten out of jail behind it. These are men who can direct other young black men to the voting booth and tell them who to vote for. They were doing a lot of that. I tried to talk to one I personally knew from my neighborhood as respectful as I could. He was pretty firm on his position. He had life in prison and is home now because of it. A lot of dudes who love him are happy he is home and were listening to him like a young bytches in love for the first time.
Why exactly are you mad about this?

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Damn, that's a more difficult situation to manuever and also why Trump's regime wanted to get a CJ win on the books.

It's hard to blame him for feeling the way he does, but the fanboys shouldn't become single issue voters/promoters over something that either party would have passed if given the opportunity. However, it's hard to maintain that level of naunce in a situstion like that -- especially if you have no party affiliation (I assume they don't or it's weak).

The guy is telling the young boys to vote for Trump because if it. AZ's upset about that not the reform.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il

:stopitslime:

What do you mean? I was mad because they dont know anything about his policies, they just knew of that one thing got them out of jail. When I asked what else about him did they like, because if they are going to be community leaders, they have the think for their community as a whole, not what they personally benefited and they knew of no other positives. That's why I was mad. You're telling people to vote for him but giving them no reason to support him other than YOU got out of jail. Its not like the next president is going to come along and roll back the First Step Act.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Damn, that's a more difficult situation to manuever and also why Trump's regime wanted to get a CJ win on the books.

It's hard to blame him for feeling the way he does, but the fanboys shouldn't become single issue voters/promoters over something that either party would have passed if given the opportunity. However, it's hard to maintain that level of naunce in a situstion like that -- especially if you have no party affiliation (I assume they don't or it's weak).

The guy is telling the young boys to vote for Trump because if it. AZ's upset about that not the reform.

Trust me, I get it. If I had life/long prison term and a law got signed that released me, I'd be forever grateful. I would be supportive of whomever it was that made that happen for me. But coaching others to also support that person? I would not do that for a person like Trump without being able to explain some of gains that my community would have if they did show up for him.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
These are becoming more and more hilarious as we move through the primaries

a866c84bdb6ffd4a1017190f4976635bb4327a60.jpg