Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Its funny people make a big deal about this.

1. Has a house in Burlington, VT where he's from... duh. And if you looked at his house, its a nice single family home not a mansion. He bought it for $400,000 in 2009.

2. He has a house in Washington, DC. Well, of course. He's been working in DC since 1991. A rowhouse near the US Capitol and he bought it before real estate really shot off.

3. Their summer house they bought with cash in 2016 was due to Jane selling her share of her family’s long-time vacation home in Bridgton, Maine, to her brother for $150,000, added some money from her retirement account and from an advance Bernie got on a book he wrote to come up with the money to buy house with no mortgage.
it's called "concern trolling", they doint really care about that

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Warren grew up in the church and was a Sunday School teacher. With South Carolina coming up, this might be a good time to start letting people know about that. :francis:

President Carter still teaching Sunday school in his 90s :wow:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
President Carter still teaching Sunday school in his 90s :wow:
What happened to this Warren who used to speak freely about her faith being the foundation of her politics? Her campaign is looking a little funny to me right now for not adding this to her profile. She is the most religious person left in the race, they should be highlighting this as we head into southern states. Instead, I'm getting emails about marijuana and LGBTQ rights, c'mon man this is political malpractice. It's starting to remind me of Bernie's hesitancy to speak about his upbringing in '16. Seriously, I'm going to be disappointed if I don't hear at least one bible verse from her at the debate tomorrow to give older black women something to latch on to b/c there's obviously a generational disconnect on how older/younger black women view her.

In the same interview, Elizabeth Warren cited her religion as the reason for entering the Senate race:

"When I was making the decision whether to get into this Senate race, one of the important touch points for me was to read my Bible. And it’s Matthew 25:40. You know the passage? For me, that passage is the heart of what I believe. Because what it says is “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of these the least of these my brethren. ...” (I still use the King James Version, it’s beautiful). It says three things: it says there is God in... the hungry, the poor, the stranger, there is God in each of us. Because, remember, it says “you did it unto me.” And that’s saying God was in, God is in the poor, the thirsty, the stranger. But then part two is he never asks the question of going to heaven and hell, what your intent was, the question was: Did you act? And those who gave meat to the hungry, those who gave water to the thirsty, those who welcomed the stranger in, were the ones that God welcomed to heaven. ... It stresses the importance of community, because it says, in fact, it’s about action and it’s about action together. And that’s how I read Matthew 25:40. And it’s why I’m in this race."

Second, during a recent visit to Martin Luther King's church in Atlanta, Elizabeth Warren explained:

"'Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.' - the way I hear that is that, he’s saying to us first, there’s God in every one of us. There’s Jesus in every one of us. However you see it in your religion, but that inside there’s something holy in every single person... I hear him saying, is: ‘And it is every one of you. When the final day comes, that every one of you will be judged by what you did for the God in others.’” - Elizabeth Warren, Ebenezer Baptist Church,

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This discussion has never happened on here, but it would be very interesting to see how people came to their politics. There’s usually a life event.
1) immigrant parents
2) growing up poor With a single mom
3) seeing higher ed and credit debt on everyone from education or uneducated decisions on money
4) I’m a black man
5) reading about the “prosperous 90s” in college
6) growing up five miles away from the White House and still feeling like it wasn’t seeing our situation
7) Obama’s campaign and presidency, the good and the bad

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
For me:

1) immigrant parents
2) Seeing Democrats dominate local politics but never having anything change around me
3) Exploring politically in college and rejecting the idea of meritocracy
4) Working in DC and realizing pragmatic just mean class interests
5) The Great Recession
6) The Obama years

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
1) Growing up in rural Russia
2) Watching my country fall from prominence during the collapse of the Soviet Union
3) Moving to the big city, Moscow, to find work and get enough rubles to pay for my sibling's shoes and education back home
4) Reading up on how evil the United States is and how they must be taken down
5) Enlisted in the KGB and placed in the Internet Research Agency - The Coli Division

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
1) Growing up in rural Russia
2) Watching my country fall from prominence during the collapse of the Soviet Union
3) Moving to the big city, Moscow, to find work and get enough rubles to pay for my sibling's shoes and education back home
4) Reading up on how evil the United States is and how they must be taken down
5) Enlisted in the KGB and placed in the Internet Research Agency - The Coli Division

:dead: