Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Oh, wow. Writing off an entire section of the country. Way to build a coalition!!

Didn’t people say Bernie would cost them down ballot? When Dems are close to winning Georgia which is where?.....,,,
Don't waste my time with this ignorance. :manny:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Why is it so hard for you to to accept that there is a significant portion of this country that does not agree with neither your nor Bernie's vision for America.

Just because they merely do not agree with your solutions does not mean they are against solutions.

This has probably been the most disingenuous argument you all have been making for the past 4 years.

@DEAD7 am I right?
They are truly disrespectful to other black voters who don’t share their vision. It should a be a wake up call, but their ego and arrogance won’t let them.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Steyer over performed in SC compared to elsewhere, but he has no realistic shot at winning.

Electability is a large part of pragmatism.

My father loves Elizabeth Warren, but doesn't think she'll win because a lot of men don't like women talking that real shyt to them.

He voted for Biden yesterday because of it.

He also finds Bernie to be a kook and will not vote for his based on his illegal immigration views.

He thinks Trump's wall is stupid and he thinks abolishing ICE stupid. :ehh:

Who knows what candidate will show up in the future but everyone of these people running will likely be dead or knocking on deaths door 10 years from now. :manny:
The problem with this is that pragmatism is basically subjective. What you're saying doesn't sound remotely pragmatic to me. So here we are :manny:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The problem with this is that pragmatism is basically subjective. What you're saying doesn't sound remotely pragmatic to me. So here we are :manny:
I have always accepted the individuality of the voter to decide what they feel is best.

That's a fundamental tenant of democracy.

If you disagree, it's your job to convince them Otherwise. This is even more important when it's a representative democracy.

If it weren't we wouldn't spend so much time and money on canvassing and ads.

But we get it, you all think southern moderate blacks are scum.

It still doesn't make their vote any less important nor does it convince them to join your worldview.

:yeshrug:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
So they voted for Biden cause he wants to maintain the status quo which isn't working all that great for black people?

That is some fukking twisted logic.

I'm not sour just because they didn't vote for Bernie, but they didn't even give Stayer a look when he was the candidate trying the hardest to speak to black issues specifically. a shyt, voting for a candidate like Biden who offers nothing but the status quo and wholly ignoring Stayer, continues the precedent that you don't have to earn black people's votes. You just appeal to their emotions, get the pastors and long time politicians in your pocket and you are good to go.

Which candidate in the future is going to invest that heavily in appealing to black issues in South Carolina again after last nights embarrassment?

S.C gotta hold this monumental L.
Nobody’s talking about the religious element. Bernie is a nonreligious Jew. Biden stays in the Black church.

A lot of older southern Black people do care about shyt like whether or not someone is “right with the Lord” and yadda yadda.

Clyburn sealed it though.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Super Tuesday, when Bernie Sanders gets a bunch of states like Texas, California, Massachusetts, and a ton of others, no one will be talking about Biden like that. South Carolina is an outlier state.

@Rhakim just make sense of this, please.

No need to do a full analysis, just will point out one aspect.

47% of voters said the Rep. Clyburn's endorsement was "the most important factor" or "an important factor" in their vote.

It's downright shocking to me that 47% of the electorate even knew about the endorsement, much less let it sway their vote. But there you have it. My assumption is that there are very few states where an establishment politician's endorsement of the primary establishment candidate would carry so much weight.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No need to do a full analysis, just will point out one aspect.

47% of voters said the Rep. Clyburn's endorsement was "the most important factor" or "an important factor" in their vote.

It's downright shocking to me that 47% of the electorate even knew about the endorsement, much less let it sway their vote. But there you have it. My assumption is that there are very few states where an establishment politician's endorsement of the primary establishment candidate would carry so much weight.
Primary voters are pretty high information voters in general aren't they?

I imagine a large field only increases the amount of effort people have to put into voting in a primary.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ayanna Pressley :yeshrug:

The establishment hates The Squad as much as they hate Bernie. I see absolutely no chance of them picking her based on association alone.

She's too problematic and appeals to nobody.
It's so weird that I'm seeing her name come up all the time, like you said she has no base (as evidenced by her early withdrawal from the race). In the abstract she checks all the boxes - bridge between liberal and moderate factions, Black, female, youngish, experienced, trusted by the establishment, a strong speaker and debater. So perhaps if they're very convinced they will win, then she's the new 2020 "safe choice" like Tim Kaine, not there so much to win votes as to just not lose them.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I wonder this too.

On this site it seems like we're constantly debating who's going to do what for black ppl.

We even dive into their Black agendas and what they promise to do for us.

I haven't heard shyt about what Biden gon do for blacks
becasue mods bushed the only poster who did even attempt to explain Biden’s plans...right wrong or annoying @Warren Moon was the only Biden supporter to try to go in depth on Biden. Most posters here were anti Biden from the jump and thus never looked at his plans (I’m guilty of this too...might be the only top 5 candidate whose site I didn’t look at)

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I have always accepted the individuality of the voter to decide what they feel is best.

If you disagree, it's your job to convince them Otherwise. This is even more important when it's a representative democracy.

It still doesn't make their vote any less important nor does it convince them to join your worldview.

To the contrary I defended black southern democrats against racism. I just said progressives will never fukk with their politics so I told everyone to vent and move on :manny:.

Also, the average voter has never been persuaded by “reason.” It has always been an emotional response. Thus, the beef between progressive and conservative black voters is a question of judging the other’s ethics and beliefs. When you think someone doesn’t give a fukk about you or your interests the response isn’t usually friendly. We all love our southern cousins but political discussions at family gatherings ain’t all that peaceful are they? There’s a reason people don’t talk politics with their parents half the time. If your kids can’t convince you then no one can.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

:wow:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why are we discussing 12 years ago..,aside from some of you real old heads, who here was even 25+ when that election happened? I don’t hold the often still forming political opinions of 16-24 yr olds against them 12 years later. And I know a lot of Black people who supported Hillary over Obama in that primary until he truly became viable, ahh well, thus is the power of the Clinton name, especially back then and especially if you’re young and all you remember is them being talked about positively by your parents.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Why are we discussing 12 years ago..,aside from some of you real old heads, who here was even 25+ when that election happened? I don’t hold the often still forming political opinions of 16-24 yr olds against them 12 years later. And I know a lot of Black people who supported Hillary over Obama in that primary until he truly became viable, ahh well, thus is the power of the Clinton name, especially back then and especially if you’re young and all you remember is them being talked about positively by your parents.
This. They are turning my support of Biden as a history on who I supported back in early 07/08 while I was in college.