Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
Bernie is picking up delegates due to the election day vote. He was behind Steyer in single digits with absentee voters, but finished second overall in the high teens/20s with the election day vote in a lot of counties, pushing him into viability.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’ve always found it interesting how Obama refuses to support Biden by the way. I understand he owed Clinton in 16 and made Biden stand down. But now? Bloomberg doesn’t like Obama. Sanders has always taken shots at him. Booty and Kloud are nobodies. The establishment (which Obama is clearly entrenched in) hates Bernie and the far left progs shyt nonstop on Obama. Why hasn’t he come out for Biden?

Former presidents rarely get involved in primaries. He didn't endorse Hillary in 2016 either, until she secured the nom. Usually a sitting president will endorse his VP if he's running, but Biden didn't run in 2016. Just in modern history...Reagan endorsed HW Bush in 1988, Clinton endorsed Gore in 2000 (although Gore didn't want the endorsement due to the impeachment scandal). Bush didn't have a VP to endorse in 2008, so he waited until McCain secured the nomination before saying anything.

Obama isn't going to endorse, nor should he IMO. Let this play out. My general view is that Biden has sounded and looked bad for most of the campaign...be he looked and sounded great tonight. That's the guy people thought they were getting. Can he keep it up? Can he avoid getting into irrelevant policy debates with Warren in debates, and focus entirely on Trump? We will see. It's time to man up.

Lot of black heavy primaries on Super Tuesday. He's gonna lose California, but he can still get delegates there. If he sweeps the south and wins Texas, it's officially a race.

Last edited: