Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Watch Pete slip up and we hear a story about him and Lis Smith or some shid

My brother was saying he don't buy this dude is gay :mjlol: he's a creation

The only reason I dont buy that fake gay stuff is bc Cheston is a middle class nobody... if Pete was just faking it, he would just marry a gay rich dude.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I disagree. 94 Crime Bill, she can hit all 3. Especially Biden and Sanders. Private prisons, Steyer's taking an L. She could even get Biden on reparations. I believe Biden pushed for Holocaust victims to get reparations but have negged any ideas for Aframs. Trump permanently funding HBCUs. Why didn't Obama and Biden do that? Or Sanders?
Stop giving Trump credit for just being there. Like the First Step Act, the FUTURE Act was bipartisan legislation that had overwhelming support in both chambers. The only thing Trump did was not get in the way.

Is the Trump Administration Really “Bigger and Better” for HBCUs?

While Trump has maintained policies that benefit HBCUs, it’s hard to quantify a president’s success in this area, Toldson said. Congress and federal agencies like the Department of Education are largely responsible for policies that fund these institutions.

“With presidents, the only thing they can do is not obstruct Congress and not try to actively prevent anything they’re interested in funding,” he said.

Plus, by some measures, support for HBCUs has actually decreased under Trump.

For example, since 2016, federal funding for scientific research at HBCUs dropped by 17 percent, according to a 2019 report from the National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics.

Toldson suggested this is in part because of Trump’s decision to move the Initiative on HBCUs back to the White House, instead of leaving it under the auspices of the Department of Education. While Trump praised the decision to move the Initiative to the White House “where it belongs,” Toldson said it “politicizes” the Initiative and distances HBCUs from the agencies that fund them.

“What HBCUs need is a fair playing field when competing for research dollars,” he said.

Meanwhile, Trump claimed in his speech that he increased federal funding to HBCUs by a “record” 13 percent, “the highest ever done.” But Dillard University President Dr. Walter M. Kimbrough said that’s not quite accurate. He pointed out that Trump’s percentage isn’t just money given directly to institutions. It includes loans, as well as capital finance loan deferment for 13 HBCUs.

“The overall budget has increased but most of that increase is borrowing capacity,” he said. “It’s going to have to be paid back.”

At the same time, Trump’s speech neglected to mention decisions not directly related to HBCUs that harmed them, he added.

For example, changes to Upward Bound, a federal TRIO program which provides college preparation for low-income families, caused a third of HBCUs with Upward Bound programs to lose them, including Dillard. Also, the Federal Perkins Loan program expired, phasing out low-interest federal student loans to low-income students, which helped HBCUs and other schools.

“Those are the things that we’re not talking about that happened,” said Kimbrough.

But the biggest elephant in the room during Trump’s remarks was the Fostering Undergraduate Talent by Unlocking Resources for Education Act or FUTURE Act, which just passed in the U.S. House of Representatives and will soon head to the Senate.

This legislation would renew $255 million in annual funding for HBCUs and other minority serving institutions. The $850 million program initiated under Obama funded HBCUs for ten years. The funding is set to expire on Sept. 30th.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Bruh. I don't know if you know this...but Black ppl are humans.

They'd like a guaranteed education, childcare, healthcare and a livable planet.
Supporting these policies over reparations is c00ning though.:yeshrug:
#SteyerSet

I’d like a 5 bedroom house on the coast while we’re at it... housing should be a right no? Let’s end housing inequality.
I’d like free fiber internet as well... access to high* speed internet should be a right no?
Food should be free as well... I shouldn’t starve or eat unhealthy because I’m poor right? Let’s end food inequality.
:troll:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
housing should be a right no? Let’s end housing inequality.
I’d like free fiber internet as well... access to high* speed internet should be a right no?
Food should be free as well... I shouldn’t starve or eat unhealthy because I’m poor right? Let’s end food inequality.

Unintentionally hilarious

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Its fun watching Biden crash and burn. If people were honest, just listen to the guy speak and you realize he shouldn't be anywhere near the presidency. Even more so than Trump honestly. He is mentally not there. I honestly couldn't tell you who is more mentally unwell, him or Trump.

qchiigunrglnmqfpwqmg.jpg

His brain probably looks like Swiss Cheese. He isn't anywhere as sharp as he was even back in 2012.
Like I was saying...

Going to be honest brehs and I don't know if it's :mjpls: for me to feel this way but I'm going walk the plank and say I'm embarrassed a lot of black folks are supporting this dude when it's obvious he should be at home, not trying to run a country. It's like giving Reagan a 3rd term just a bit more creepy.

Has nothing to do with politics as it's more obvious this guy is mentally unwell. But I know a lot of people are going based on name recognition and maybe due to busy lives.arent seeing these many moments outside of debates and ads that show an old man unable to think straight. :patrice: