Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I don't think I will sit through another debate since the other one was just last week. How many times can they explain to people the same policy talking points? I do want to watch Steyer shyt on Bloomberg but outside of that, I think I'm sit this one out and watch y'all commentary.
Black folks disgust me getting behind a bunch of white men who hasn't laid out any reason to support any one of them :scust:. We like a cheap hooker just lay a few 5s on the ground and we will come crawling

I remember all the "I'm not voting for anyone who doesnt have a black agenda" talk. I dont even see people saying that anymore.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Location and school makeup go a long way for the attention a school receives. Also, how and where resources are distributed. There's a lot that goes into public school and it goes well beyond income amount. For example, anyone can pull up the fact that Title 1 schools receive more funding because of the types of kids sent there, but you'll be hard pressed to find statistics of the preferred administrations brought into those type of schools, not to mention the policies those administrations bring into those schools.

That's just a small example off the top of my head for "Us vs Them." Youre going to have to post a statistical breakdown of your bolded. What is used to quanitify what makes a better school, is it test scores? If it is, is their lagging behind based off Z-Scores from the slew of standardized tests that kids have to take? How long did they monitor those kids for before determining that better schools make no difference

I fw you as a poster but its looking a lot like you're citing a prolifically hypocritical Libertarian for how public school should be handled because you dislike Bernie/Bernie's supporters. And I mean, do you bruh we all got our own opinions here, but @DEAD7 of all people? Lord Free Market makes a lot of takes against things that are government funded
There's a case study going on in my old neighborhood.

Dilworth School Pairing Brought Diversity For Some, More Separation For Others

Betty Jones was recently outside Marie G. Davis waiting for her fourth-grade grandson. She says she didn’t know about the Sedgefield reassignment – her grandson attended a charter school before coming to Davis – but she wishes CMS would do more to ensure that students would mingle with children of other races.

"It’s like isolation for the black kids here," she said, "so I would like to see it desegregate together, not separate, 'cause they learn from each other."

The academic impact is hard to measure.

The new Dilworth earned a B last year and exceeded the state’s targets for growth. That’s a measure designed to capture year-to-year progress, and it’s generally believed to be less skewed by income and race than proficiency rates.

The black and low-income students who remain at the new Dilworth continue to fare far worse on state exams than white and non-poor counterparts. For instance, 94% of Dilworth's white students and 28% of its black students earned grade-level reading scores last year. Only 19% of economically disadvantaged Dilworth students earned grade-level reading scores, compared with 87% of students who didn't fall into that category.

In the end more data will have to be pulled and culled through, but so far it's safe to say just putting kids in better schools alone isn't enough.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I don't think I will sit through another debate since the other one was just last week. How many times can they explain to people the same policy talking points? I do want to watch Steyer shyt on Bloomberg but outside of that, I think I'm sit this one out and watch y'all commentary.

I remember all the "I'm not voting for anyone who doesnt have a black agenda" talk. I dont even see people saying that anymore.
Nope we have officially been hit with the usual

" we can't afford to lose your vote this is a time of urgency!, we can't afford 4 more years of trump we need you regardless of your needs. You're the very backbone of this party you know we got you :lolbron:".

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

I’m trying to see Liz put another nikka on the summer jam screen personally :yeshrug:

also pay attention to Liz she weaves in black issues into questions not even about black people with out being prompted

Daps
There's a case study going on in my old neighborhood.

Dilworth School Pairing Brought Diversity For Some, More Separation For Others

In the end more data will have to be pulled and culled through, but so far it's safe to say just putting kids in better schools alone isn't enough.
I agree with you, better funded schools alone won't do it. Obviously a school funded to the gills will provide a better chance to its students than ones without the same cashflow, but its a foundational problem. Its more so principals and who they hire to mold these kids vs direct funding a school receives. Schools with lower income students get reputations, earned or not, and that impacts who gets hired to "Turn the school around." Personal example, school my mom works at brought in a principal a couple years ago whose approach to students is disgusting. She wants as many students passed on to the next grade level as possible, ready or not. That way the school looks good with a crisp passing rate, even if they're failing the students.

The education system in this country is fukked because the people passing education laws haven't been in classrooms like that. Then you got school admins in charge of demographics that they can be all too unfamiliar with, making whatever rules they like, and depending on the area, only really having to worry about pushback from superintendents or the teacher's union. Public education system needs to be revamped in the worst kind of way

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I’m trying to see Liz put another nikka on the summer jam screen personally :yeshrug:

also pay attention to Liz she weaves in black issues into questions not even about black people with out being prompted

Liz cares. She doesn't gloss over black people and speak in platitudes. We're not an unintended beneficiary or secondary thought with her.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

I fully expect her to put Steyer and Bloomberg on blast at the first opportunity

I need her to finish off Mayor Pete and Amy too...get these stragglers out of the paint

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I fully expect her to put Steyer and Bloomberg on blast at the first opportunity

I need her to finish off Mayor Pete and Amy too...get these stragglers out of the paint
Any and Pete will be dropping out by next weekend when Super Tuesday gets them out of the paint. There’s no need. She will go at Bloomberg and maybe Biden. This debate will be Bloomberg, Biden, Sanders and Warren. Pete and Amy realize they can’t win at this point and all that’s left is to protect your political future. Pete will probably run to be the head of the DNC again. Amy is looking to position herself as a VP.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Y'all look at this sh_t. They are trying to scare me in SC from voting Sanders with the bullsh_t propaganda. I got this in the mail. :mjlol:
Not gonna work, muthaf_ckas. :mjlit:

kPtY90i.jpg
Was this from no campaign in particular?

I have no respect for Biden whatsoever but it's sad that no one close to him loves him enough to tell him to stop doing this to himself.
Obama supposedly told him he ain’t have to run.

Last edited:

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Any and Pete will be dropping out by next weekend when Super Tuesday gets them out of the paint. There’s no need. She will go at Bloomberg and maybe Biden. This debate will be Bloomberg, Biden, Sanders and Warren. Pete and Amy realize they can’t win at this point and all that’s left is to protect your political future. Pete will probably run to be the head of the DNC again. Amy is looking to position herself as a VP.

I dont know if Pete realizes anything. I think he's pretty arrogant.