Official 2020 Nevada Caucus Thread: Bernie Sanders wins in blowout!

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
So, my logic has been, when people like my Dad start ranting that Sanders non inclusion of "moderates" like himself (whether real or perceived) will make him unelectable

My thought is, if Sanders can carry everything Hillary did, just states, not districts, and can flip Michigan, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin, than he gets it. Weigh in where my argument is weak, or strong, or flawed.

Can Sanders win those states? I think so, but have nothing to back that

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
So, my logic has been, when people like my Dad start ranting that Sanders non inclusion of "moderates" like himself (whether real or perceived) will make him unelectable

My thought is, if Sanders can carry everything Hillary did, just states, not districts, and can flip Michigan, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin, than he gets it. Weigh in where my argument is weak, or strong, or flawed.

Wisconsin is gonna be the biggest hurdle if recent polls hold and anecdotally i think they will. I have some fam there

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Wisconsin is the key here, its a Trump stronghold. Trump barely won Michigan in 2016 and according to polling, even Bloomberg is beating Trump there. Trump has almost a 60% disapproval rating in Michigan. It would be his easiest win of the 3.

Pennsylvania is moderate enough to be turned off by Bernie much like your Dad. This is where his ground game is really going to be tested, it will be tough for him to win over Democrats in the various small counties surrounding the major cities. Its not impossible for him to take PA but he's got to be on his A game convincing the moderates he will give far more than they believe he will take.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

I think this election reminds me a lot of Bush 04 and Kerry. Bush was unpopular at home and abroad but still managed to win cause Kerry never made a case for himself.

Bernie is 100% more charismatic and has an agenda but I haven’t seen a belief among moderates he can get it done. The enthusiasm gap among non-Berners is worrying.

Outside of Maine and Colorado. I haven’t seen a huge groundswell to trounce Republicans in reddish states.

North Carolina and Georgia might be the states that end Trump

Trump is going to do everything he can to juice the economy until November to keep a lid on blowback.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
steyer.png

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Just hit me that Biden is possibly going to be smoked again :picard:

Everyone knows Bernie is going to win Nevada but people been saying Biden need to have a strong performance. Perhaps by finishing top 3. There's a good chance that doesn't happen.

Daps
Wisconsin is the key here, its a Trump stronghold. Trump barely won Michigan in 2016 and according to polling, even Bloomberg is beating Trump there. Trump has almost a 60% disapproval rating in Michigan. It would be his easiest win of the 3.

Pennsylvania is moderate enough to be turned off by Bernie much like your Dad. This is where his ground game is really going to be tested, it will be tough for him to win over Democrats in the various small counties surrounding the major cities. Its not impossible for him to take PA but he's got to be on his A game convincing the moderates he will give far more than they believe he will take.
On CNN this morning, they said Trump won Michigan by narrow margin, around 77,000 votes. This was one of about 3 states where voter turnout was lower than expected. Last election had two candidates that a lot of people didn’t like, so either didn’t vote, or wasted the vote on 3rd party.

So Democrats need to get people to the polls, and have an incentive other than vote out Trump, because truth be told, a lot of people’s live aren’t worse under Trump.