Official 2020 Nevada Caucus Thread: Bernie Sanders wins in blowout!

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
bernie has to sell people on his plan, not tell them that he and the government knows whats best for them :yeshrug:

That's what any politician has to do. I'm also free to call out selfish platforms when I see it.

Do your own research.

The Culinary Health Fund

But if you aren't working you'd probably qualify for one of the existing programs. :francis:

Also, at some point you need to get off of your ass and take some responsibility. :francis:

Thanks for the info. Great for the Culinary Union who fought so hard for covered healthcare.

I work for mines but I'm not deluded to think there are no life challenges out there I can't bootstrap myself out of. Not sure who the personal responsibility jibe was aimed at. Good giveaway though.

Cheddar Biscuits

Give Me Sight Beyond Sight
Daps
Was the decision corrupt?

On what basis?
This is going to require you to actually engage with the people you are claiming to "harass" you, rather than retreating into a victimhood narrative and ignoring everything they're telling you.

Nevada’s Largest Teachers Union Is Endorsing Bernie Sanders

When you get caught in a lie, it is not harassment for people to educate themselves about whose interests you represent and organize against those interests. The word you're looking for there is "organizing." It's the reason why the "Bernie Bro" narrative is failing, and why Warren's support dove from 40% to single digits in a matter of months.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Getting calls because you're involved in politics.
Because the union endorsed another candidate?

Here is what I am gathering. If I am wrong on any of this, please correct me.

The union endorsed a Bernie opponent.

A Bernie supporter claimed the endorsement wasn't in good faith, but didn't provide the evidence to prove otherwise.

The post went viral and suddenly Bernie supporters descend on the union en masse, giving them a piece of their mind.

The union is inundated and exaggerate the scenario as a vicious attack.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is going to require you to actually engage with the people you are claiming to "harass" you, rather than retreating into a victimhood narrative and ignoring everything they're telling you.

Nevada’s Largest Teachers Union Is Endorsing Bernie Sanders

When you get caught in a lie, it is not harassment for people to educate themselves about whose interests you represent and organize against those interests. The word you're looking for there is "organizing." It's the reason why the "Bernie Bro" narrative is failing, and why Warren's support dove from 40% to single digits in a matter of months.

Thanks for the first story. It was compelling.

She ended with this

I’m not part of the largest voting bloc among members but I deserve to be valued and accommodated by my union too. Maybe this is what happens when your union leans more political than they should. It begs the question, what does my union have to gain from encouraging members to vote against their own interests?

It comes down to a vote at the end of the day. The question I ask again. Was the vote itself corrupt, or is this all conjecture?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
fukk it. Hopefully I don't kill the good juju we got going on.

The early vote period for our 2020 First in the West Caucus will run from February 15 – February 18 and Caucus Day is February 22!

Caucus with your neighbors on February 22! Show up to a site in your precinct. Check-in will open at 10 am PT and precinct caucuses will be called to order at 12 pm PT. Click below to find your precinct caucus location!
Caucus Day Locations - NVDems

The Nevada caucuses are a closed caucus, with the state awarding 48 delegates, of which 36 are pledged delegates allocated on the basis of the results of the caucuses.

In the closed caucuses, candidates must meet a 15% viability threshold within an individual precinct in order to be considered viable and 15 percent at the congressional district or statewide level, with supporters of non-viable candidates at precinct caucuses then allowed to support one of the remaining viable candidates. However, unlike the Iowa caucus it is not possible that two non-viable merge to become viable. Of the 36 pledged delegates to the 2020 Democratic National Convention, 23 are allocated on the basis of the results of the precinct caucuses, with between 5 and 6 allocated to each of the state's four congressional districts. The precinct caucuses also elect delegates to county conventions based on the results of the vote in each precinct. Of the remaining 13 pledged delegates, another 5 will be allocated to party leaders and elected officials (PLEO delegates) in addition to 8 at-large pledged delegates, but it is not yet known whether delegates to the national convention will be distributed proportionally based on the popular vote in the caucuses or the number of county delegates.
2020 Nevada Democratic caucuses - Wikipedia

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Here we go again, back to the caucus :lupe:

LNGkoci.png

No fukkery this time :whoa: