GlitteringCalmGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

InfantileWatchfulApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

"We do have people putting together the comprehensive laundry list of what we would need from facilities and evaluating some facilities on some level," Daly said. "But I can't tell you we've even finished creating a list [of potential sites], much less narrowed it down."

Among the reported possible locations for neutral-site games, which would likely be held in empty arenas, are Grand Forks, North Dakota; Manchester, New Hampshire; and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. But Daly said the NHL hasn't even "created the field yet" in determining which sites would work.

Wherever the games are held, the NHL's stated objective if it is able to restart the 2019-20 campaign is to finish the regular season and hold a playoff tournament. The NHL paused its regular season March 12, with 189 games remaining in its regular-season schedule, because of the coronavirus pandemic. The regular season had been scheduled to end April 4, with the playoffs slated to start four days later.

While the league has explored playing games during its traditional offseason in July and August, it has also said the integrity of next season is essential to any decision it makes about the fate of this one.

Daly said there isn't a target date for the NHL to decide whether there is time to play regular-season games ahead of the playoffs -- if the season does indeed resume.

These dudes are grasping at straws at this point.

I’m going to submit a bid to hold games in my backyard. I would have as good of a chance as these other places :skip:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

These dudes are grasping at straws at this point.

I’m going to submit a bid to hold games in my backyard. I would have as good of a chance as these other places :skip:

I think that North Dakota site has hosted international tournaments before. It's obviously way out of the way too so a very low chance for any players to get infected.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I think that North Dakota site has hosted international tournaments before. It's obviously way out of the way too so a very low chance for any players to get infected.

Facility wise they could hold games, but I don’t think logistically they’ll be able to finish the season. There’s just too many variables to consider.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Facility wise they could hold games, but I don’t think logistically they’ll be able to finish the season. There’s just too many variables to consider.
The regular season is almost a moot point now. They'll probably play a handful of games to sort out the playoff standings but once you hit the postseason, you're down to half the league.

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4