Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh...please get this book -

Unbroken Brain

I read it because of my views on serious drug policy reform and my career in criminal justice.

You should read it because it offers very interesting insight on addiction being looked at as a learning disorder - in that you've learned to concrete your addictions as learned coping mechanisms.

I think you'd really gain alot of insight.
Thanks breh. I’m definitely gonna check that book out :salute:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
U better cut that shyt out, kiddo
One of my best friends died a few months ago, liver failure from drinking too much

He was 37

And, he wasn't what you'd call an alcoholic. He just partied on weekends :mjcry: his birthday is next week too.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh...please get this book -

Unbroken Brain

I read it because of my views on serious drug policy reform and my career in criminal justice.

You should read it because it offers very interesting insight on addiction being looked at as a learning disorder - in that you've learned to concrete your addictions as learned coping mechanisms.

I think you'd really gain alot of insight.
Just ordered it off Amazon. It comes Friday. Thanks again for the suggestion :salute:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Thanks breh. I’m definitely gonna check that book out :salute:
For some optimism,

Lee Robins, an accredited professor of psychiatric epidemiology, was chosen by the Nixon administration to find out the true extent of heroin's effect on Vietnam soldiers returning from War & discovered some mind blowing facts about drug addiction.

Of course Nixon - dikk hard to get that war on drugs popping - was expecting the case study to show the evils of heroin & actually showed:
  • Over half of Vietnam Soldiers tried narcotics
  • 34% tried Heroin & 38% tried opium.
  • Addiction was MORE common than reported - 20% of soldiers reported feelings of being strung out or addicted to narcotics
  • 11% of soldiers tested positive of narcotics in their system during departure in urine tests.
HERE IS THE CRAZY shyt -
  • In the States - Upon their first year of return, you'd expect a bunch of addicts right? Nah, only 5% of those who were addicted during the war were addicted when they returned.
And it wasn't because of treatment - it was because coming to the States, for most of those soldiers, gave them an environment that was WAY LESS stressful than the traumatic environment of seeing your best friend's head blown off in front of you at any time.

There is a lot more to go into but, @Ciggavelli, what you should take from this is one contributor to your addictions may be the need to change certain stressful triggers in your environment. What is it that triggers your use of controlled substances - and possibly video games - as an external coping mechanism?

That Lee Robins report got Nixon tight as fukk because it went against the conventional wisdom that "DRUGS" were the evil variable. No, it wasn't. It was trauma, stress, lack of support among other things.

Bro, there is help you can get and you're not a lost cause breh. Low key, you're a normal person who is having trouble coping w/ some real shyt. People are here for you, b.

Inbox me anytime. :salute:

--------------------------------------------

Sorry for the derail brehs...but a Coli breh is going through shyt so I hope yall understand. :wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
For some optimism,

Lee Robins, an accredited professor of psychiatric epidemiology, was chosen by the Nixon administration to find out the true extent of heroin's effect on Vietnam soldiers returning from War & discovered some mind blowing facts about drug addiction.

Of course Nixon - dikk hard to get that war on drugs popping - was expecting the case study to show the evils of heroin & actually showed:
  • Over half of Vietnam Soldiers tried narcotics
  • 34% tried Heroin & 38% tried opium.
  • Addiction was MORE common than reported - 20% of soldiers reported feelings of being strung out or addicted to narcotics
  • 11% of soldiers tested positive of narcotics in their system during departure in urine tests.
HERE IS THE CRAZY shyt -
  • In the States - Upon their first year of return, you'd expect a bunch of addicts right? Nah, only 5% of those who were addicted during the war were addicted when they returned.
And it wasn't because of treatment - it was because coming to the States, for most of those soldiers, gave them an environment that was WAY LESS stressful than the traumatic environment of seeing your best friend's head blown off in front of you at any time.

There is a lot more to go into but, @Ciggavelli, what you should take from this is one contributor to your addictions may be the need to change certain stressful triggers in your environment. What is it that triggers your use of controlled substances - and possibly video games - as an external coping mechanism?

That Lee Robins report got Nixon tight as fukk because it went against the conventional wisdom that "DRUGS" were the evil variable. No, it wasn't. It was trauma, stress, lack of support among other things.

Bro, there is help you can get and you're not a lost cause breh. Low key, you're a normal person who is having trouble coping w/ some real shyt. People are here for you, b.

Inbox me anytime. :salute:

--------------------------------------------

Sorry for the derail brehs...but a Coli breh is going through shyt so I hope yall understand. :wow:
Thanks breh. For real :salute:

I’d rep you if I could (for some reason it said “slow down” and I couldn’t rep you)

I’ve thought about going into rehab, but I can’t afford to be gone from work for 30 days, not to mention the high costs associated with rehab (but, I have really good insurance, so maybe they’d pay for the majority).

Triggers for me are when I’m really happy, wanting to drink and socialize with people. I’m like, I can just have 2. Well, that always turns into 10 and then I do stupid shyt. I just have no off switch when I’m drinking. I want more and more. It truly is a disease

My other trigger is when I’m depressed (which happens a lot, cuz of my bi-polar). I just drink all day. Not get drunk, but steadily sip.

I spoke with my psychiatrist today about me falling off the wagon last Thursday and Friday and she put me on anabuse, I medicine that makes you terribly sick if you drink even a little.

That will be my safety blanket. I just have to take it every day. I trust myself to do that...kinda. I’m just gonna make it a routine. Wish me luck. Addiction is a bytch. I just got over a serious addiction to klonopin a few months ago. I guess I traded in that addiction for an alcohol one. I really need to find something positive to be addicted to. Maybe I’ll take working out to the next level and/or go to AA regularly

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Gonna reup on plus since mine is up in dec and shyt will only be 40.

I knew I should have loaded up back in 2013 :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
ms has some pretty good games on it for cheap. i’ve played them sit 4K on my PC all ultra, but wanted see then I in action on my LG 4K tv. shyts gonna be epic. ;wow:

These slow ass downloaded really pisses me off