Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Sturm seems to think La'el should be the starter at LG when we start the regular season :jbhmm:

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I thought Martin looked decent playing outta position at RT. I would think starting him there and kicking Collins inside would be the ideal move if they had to get a new rt.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel the same way about Esco as others. He's good but Witten is a HOFer who doesn't leave the field. We gotta make sure Esco is Witten's replacement, but Witten looks like he has 2-3 seasons left, based off last yr.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
people are severely underrating Leary.
Idk breh, i feel like Leary is the most overrated player on the team. Yeah he did well in the Seattle game and vs Watt, but Suh dominated him and Green Bay targeted him in the playoffs. Fletcher Cox also gave him problems in both meetings. I understand those are all pro players we are talking about but some Boys fans think Leary is pro bowl caliber.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I thought Martin looked decent playing outta position at RT. I would think starting him there and kicking Collins inside would be the ideal move if they had to get a new rt.
Collins should be the fixture at RT. He played LT last 2 years in college. Martin just made All Pro at RG and he and Frederick have amazing chemistry together inside.
Problem is we just extended Free $15mil/3yrs.

As for Witten, some of you brehs need to calm down. Yeah, he blocked Bennett but what was he supposed to do? Sit?
Martellus was a bust for us. He dropped a BUNCH of key passes. He was a drive-ender multiple times a season for a couple years.

Witten is an elite run-blocking TE and you could make the argument Romo-Witten is the best chemistry at QB-TE in the league. 3rd down conversion machine.

I've hated the Escobar pick the moment it was made. We wasted a valuable slot for a position we didn't need at all. Ironman HoFer still in his prime for foreseeable future and we spend a 2nd on a guy who will probably field a few nice offers after his rookie deal.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
people are severely underrating Leary.
Idk breh, i feel like Leary is the most overrated player on the team. Yeah he did well in the Seattle game and vs Watt, but Suh dominated him and Green Bay targeted him in the playoffs. Fletcher Cox also gave him problems in both meetings. I understand those are all pro players we are talking about but some Boys fans think Leary is pro bowl caliber.
Leary is great, but most Cowboy fans don't know is Leary got passed up by 31 teams because they knew his career would be short because of his degenerative knee condition that he has. Collins is definitely his replacement if/when he goes down. You gotta admire players like Leary because he literally risking his ability to walk for the organization. This isn't to say that him starting is some sort of handout or pity on him, remember he did beat out Mackenzy Bernadeau for that starting spot.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Bernadeau was never a starting caliber OL at any point in his career, though.

Leary is good. Collins is good. Free is good. We have good problems for the next 2-3 years.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Collins should be the fixture at RT. He played LT last 2 years in college. Martin just made All Pro at RG and he and Frederick have amazing chemistry together inside.
Problem is we just extended Free $15mil/3yrs.

As for Witten, some of you brehs need to calm down. Yeah, he blocked Bennett but what was he supposed to do? Sit?
Martellus was a bust for us. He dropped a BUNCH of key passes. He was a drive-ender multiple times a season for a couple years.

Witten is an elite run-blocking TE and you could make the argument Romo-Witten is the best chemistry at QB-TE in the league. 3rd down conversion machine.

I've hated the Escobar pick the moment it was made. We wasted a valuable slot for a position we didn't need at all. Ironman HoFer still in his prime for foreseeable future and we spend a 2nd on a guy who will probably field a few nice offers after his rookie deal.
Collins wouldn't hold up for an NFL season right now at tackle and playing in-between Martin and Fredricks would mask the learning curve he's going to go through

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Collins wouldn't hold up for an NFL season right now at tackle and playing in-between Martin and Fredricks would mask the learning curve he's going to go through
I don't think there's any confusion on where he fits short-term.

But long-term, LT/RT is where he belongs. And with Tyron, his calling is RT after Free's deal is up.

Collins was always projected as a LT coming out of college. Martin was a guy who would be an elite guard, but could also be a very solid tackle. Don't see us moving him to tackle if we end up keeping La'El beyond the next 2 years.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I don't think there's any confusion on where he fits short-term.

But long-term, LT/RT is where he belongs. And with Tyron, his calling is RT after Free's deal is up.

Collins was always projected as a LT coming out of college. Martin was a guy who would be an elite guard, but could also be a very solid tackle. Don't see us moving him to tackle if we end up keeping La'El beyond the next 2 years.
I was speaking strictly this year. But yeah I think long term he could be a decent RT but I have no doubt he's more suited to play guard in the NFL.

You could put Martin at any position and he would thrive btw, I was praying for Jerry to get his way and take Manziel when Martin was still on the board at that pick

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records

Leary was playing with an ankle injury after week 15.

Collins will eventually replace Leary but I think people are tripping to say Collins > Leary at the moment. Still his job to lose.