Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I also find it hilarious how injuries seem to just be exclusive to the Cowboys based on the comments here. OBJ has yet to prove that he can stay healthy, and PHI & Washington are brittle teams as well.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Romo, Dez, Lee, McClain, Hardy, Gregory, Scandrick.

Arguably our top 7 overall players on the roster if you numbered all 1-53.

Name 1 other team in the last decade that had their top 5-7 players out for any stretch of the season like we just did... Rep if they went on to win division or wildcard.

I get some of ya'll want to be optimistic and glass-half-full kind of guys, but you dudes seem to be willfully ignorant of the fact we have been dealt a HISTORICALLY bad hand to start the season.

Weren't the majority of you/us just saying 5+ weeks ago that this is a top heavy team? That we are very talented at the top but we don't have the backups behind them to really compete? I swear, it went from "preseason don't matter, we ain't got our top guys in!!!" to somehow believing in this squad without our top guys.

You guys were just messing around or straight lying a few weeks ago? The backups on this squad we were all shytting on in preseason are now the dudes you have faith in? Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?

Some of you so quick to tell us to gtfo and call us "fickle" fans, when in reality some of you "believers" be doing the most backtracking and revisionist history. We're just having a discussion on the state and outlook on the team. Pretty sure everybody here will be rooting for the Cowboys every game this year. Ain't seen a single #tanklife post yet.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
How's no one in your oLine top 7?
Well, I meant skill position players. Dudes who either touch the ball on offense or play crucial roles on defense.

But yes, Tyron, Frederick, and Martin are probably all top 15 on this team.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Romo, Dez, Lee, McClain, Hardy, Gregory, Scandrick.

Arguably our top 7 overall players on the roster if you numbered all 1-53.

Name 1 other team in the last decade that had their top 5-7 players out for any stretch of the season like we just did... Rep if they went on to win division or wildcard.

I get some of ya'll want to be optimistic and glass-half-full kind of guys, but you dudes seem to be willfully ignorant of the fact we have been dealt a HISTORICALLY bad hand to start the season.

Weren't the majority of you/us just saying 5+ weeks ago that this is a top heavy team? That we are very talented at the top but we don't have the backups behind them to really compete? I swear, it went from "preseason don't matter, we ain't got our top guys in!!!" to somehow believing in this squad without our top guys.

You guys were just messing around or straight lying a few weeks ago? The backups on this squad we were all shytting on in preseason are now the dudes you have faith in? Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?

Some of you so quick to tell us to gtfo and call us "fickle" fans, when in reality some of you "believers" be doing the most backtracking and revisionist history. We're just having a discussion on the state and outlook on the team. Pretty sure everybody here will be rooting for the Cowboys every game this year. Ain't seen a single #tanklife post yet.
I said we should tank, and heres why:

I fully believe we will be 2-7 once Romo comes back. If they do decide to put him back out there at that time, we know what will happen. Romo will win us 5-6 games, we just miss the playoffs, and get a mid first round draft pick :francis:

Also, its time to draft a quarterback. Romo gets hurt every year, and wont be around much longer.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Like I said before I really don't believe anyone in our division is running away with it...and we'll beat Tampa bay and the Eagles
I hope you right breh.

But NYG schedule looking mighty soft next 5 weeks. And they could easily be 4-0 right now... They're not, and that's all that matters, but I'm just saying they've looked good so far.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I fully believe we will be 2-7 once Romo comes back. If they do decide to put him back out there at that time, we know what will happen. Romo will win us 5-6 games, we just miss the playoffs, and get a mid first round draft pick :francis:

Also, its time to draft a quarterback. Romo gets hurt every year, and wont be around much longer.

Ive honestly been thinking this, With Romo we win this division easy but at best i can see usmaybe beating Tampa without him....

I dont think new york is only gona win one out of the coming four...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Yeah if we one game up...tied...1 game out of the division lead...then you got to play romo when he comes back because at that point the offense could have time to gel and IF everyone is healthy the defense will be humming and then nobody will even remember all the stuff is happening now...

But more than 1 game nah...don;t chance it...don't risk your top 5 QB who only has4 more years left on his deal...even less on his body... and you really banking on another team to lose more than you are to win...cause if they don't it won't matter how many games you win...sure as shyt don't waste a year beating up your all world receiver for the same reason...

And we got to settle on a QB...don't care if we draft one...trade for one...role the dice on another undrafted guy...but we got to do SOMETHING...like...when Romo hangs it up the line will be in the middle of their prime and Dez will be in the middle - beginning of end of his prime...aint no way in hell we turning something like that over to some fukking random QB we sign in the off season for 2 or 3 years...

Should have taken Bryce Petty in this years draft...:francis:

This would have been a perfect opportunity for him or any young QB to get their feet wet...because we know Weeden is not the answer for any stretch of time...and matt cassel...you fukking serious? fukking guy didn't have to do anything in minny but get out of AP way and throw playaction into single coverage and he couldn't do that consistently enough to keep his job...Kellen Moore mouth looks to weird for me to think he can be a good QB for us...mouth shaped like a half open trashcan...

I'm still:francis: about them saying Dez is coming back after the bye:francis:

I'm still :francis: that somebody on the training staff thought it was perfectly fine for Dez to come out and cheer in the tunnel after we beat the giants...while having a broken bone in his foot...while not wearing a shoe...while being in a confined space with giant men stomping through with cleats:francis:

Not saying we should tank...but the offense has potential to look so bad that it will look like we are tanking...

Can we sign Hardy to a long term deal now before the season goes south, he bounces to another team and then we signed one of the best DE's in the game for a season that injuries derailed :francis::mjcry::sadswagboys: