Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I have absolutely 0 qualms about Randle being our RB1.

Like, I don't even give a fukk about a committee. I'm completely on-board with us using him the way we used Murray last year, if he can handle it.

The only thing that worries me is his pass-blocking. It was pretty awful his rookie year, and I'm not sure if it has improved. We didn't really get to see any of it last year, since Murray and Dunbar would be options on passing downs over Randle in pretty much every scenario.

Those coaches better be teaching him how to properly square up or even just get a chip block on guys.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I have absolutely 0 qualms about Randle being our RB1.

Like, I don't even give a fukk about a committee. I'm completely on-board with us using him the way we used Murray last year, if he can handle it.

The only thing that worries me is his pass-blocking. It was pretty awful his rookie year, and I'm not sure if it has improved. We didn't really get to see any of it last year, since Murray and Dunbar would be options on passing downs over Randle in pretty much every scenario.

Those coaches better be teaching him how to properly square up or even just get a chip block on guys.
Thats y we picked up McFadden. Mcfadden is elite in picking up the Blitz and catching out the backfield. Even better than Spray Tan

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
La'el Collins playing LG on the 2nd unit offense and mauling guys.

Gruden was talking about Claiborne playing with more confidence the last couple of days. He was definitely being more aggressive at the line out wide vs. Dez, and actually had very tight coverage on him on a few plays. Dez still found a way to make a couple catches with him draped over his back, but the coverage was actually quite solid.

Dez gonna Dez :manny:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
La'el Collins playing LG on the 2nd unit offense and mauling guys.

Gruden was talking about Claiborne playing with more confidence the last couple of days. He was definitely being more aggressive at the line out wide vs. Dez, and actually had very tight coverage on him on a few plays. Dez still found a way to make a couple catches with him draped over his back, but the coverage was actually quite solid.

Dez gonna Dez :manny:
Best case scenario, Claiborne Carr Oscan and Patmon are our corners and Jones moves to Free Safety. Ive been readin JJ is still struggling in coverage :snoop:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Best case scenario, Claiborne Carr Oscan and Patmon are our corners and Jones moves to Free Safety. Ive been readin JJ is still struggling in coverage :snoop:
I'd rather keep Byron at CB.

I think if Claiborne plays well this year, we could resign him for a team friendly deal. But Carr is probably gone after this year. And if Claiborne doesn't turn it around, then all we really have is Jones and Scandrick.

Moving Byron to FS would force us to use another high-round pick on CB or retain Carr. Either of which I'm not sure the front office wants to do.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I'd rather keep Byron at CB.

I think if Claiborne plays well this year, we could resign him for a team friendly deal. But Carr is probably gone after this year. And if Claiborne doesn't turn it around, then all we really have is Jones and Scandrick.

Moving Byron to FS would force us to use another high-round pick on CB or retain Carr. Either of which I'm not sure the front office wants to do.
I hear ya. I heard rumblings that we might extend Carr (while lowering his cap number). Im just not fond of our Safety play. Church at least is a sure tackler and good in run support. I still have nightmares about JJ letting Devante adams shake him on 3rd and 16 and scoring a Td :mjcry:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
What you brehs think about what Harris had to say about our practices vs Giants :jbhmm:

EAST RUTHERFORD ‐ The Giants are known as a professional, well-run organization from top to bottom. They've won two Super Bowls over the past eight seasons. Some consider their head coaching job the "gold standard."

The Dallas Cowboys, under the ownership of Jerry Jones, are known as the wild, crazy, impulsive America's Team. They haven't won a Super Bowl in the 21st century. They're the kind of organization that signs defensive end Greg Hardy, a domestic abuser, and promotes its training camp brawl on the team's website and social media. With the Cowboys, the owner makes the personnel decisions because, well, he's also the general manager.

Jones never shies away from attention. He doesn't worry about, say, putting Chris Christie in the owners' box and exchanging awkward hugs and high fives in front of millions.

The two organizations couldn't be any more different in how they operate. New Giants wide receiver Dwayne Harris, after signing a lucrative deal as a free agent this offseason following four years in Dallas, sees a stark contrast in how the two teams practice as well.

"The way [the Giants] practice, it's so much fun. I love the way we practice," Harris said in this week's 'Talk Is Cheap' podcast episode.

"[In Dallas] it's a lot of just ... arguing. There is always arguing. People [are] always arguing. And here, we have a good time, we have fun, go out and have practice as professionals.

"In Dallas, it's more intense. There is a lot more buildup. We do one-on-ones or defense vs. offense. I think there is more intensity there. This is more professional. Everyone is trying to keep each other safe."

Arguing, huh? With wide receiver Dez Bryant and cornerback Orlando Scandrick on the roster? Who would've thunk it?

It sometimes extends beyond arguing as well.

"In Dallas, it's like all-out brawl," said Harris, several hours before the Giants had an ugly fight of their own on the practice field. "It's an all-out brawl."

Difference between Dallas Cowboys' and Giants' practice? Dwayne Harris says, 'Boys are 'always arguing'

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Those two minute drills :wow:...defensive line got absolutely mauled...I can't tell if the o line is that good or the d line is that bad right now cause they just got blown off the ball every play:wow:

Hardy getting manhandled by Lord Tyron in some one on one drill...dude did every pass rushing move in the book with Lord Tyron having him in a vice grip like :beli:

Cole World getting more targets...he should have 50 catches this year EASY :wow:

That sun burn on Witten bald spot :scust:

Need to see more defenses drills cause as it stands right now it doesn't even look like they are giving the o line any real work