High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Obesity-in-adult-populations-by-race-and-sex.png

This is horrific :picard:
Interesting take that I'm too lazy to look into right now: Since Americans are generally known to be heavier than other places and countries on earth, would the top group here possibly be the fattest on the planet? That's a terrifying thought if true. :ohhh:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many black dudes pointed to a woman and said she thick only for her to be fat? Ive had a couple fellas do that:hubie:

And dudes too scared to get thier women into some type of fitness activity.
To be fair, you can’t MAKE anyone else get into shape. It just is what it is.

And most people’s issue is their diet, even before we get to the physical activity. (well, if you’re obese, the obvious likelihood it’s both)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
This is sarcasm, right?