Obama Ran and Won on CHANGE - So what has changed in the 10 years since he was elected?

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps

From the article you posted

The Justice Department found no evidence that any of the police and court officials who engaged in these emails were ever disciplined, although the officials involved lost their jobs after the investigation's findings were released. The investigation also found no indication that any official asked the sender to stop sending such emails, or any proof that the emails were reported. "Instead, the emails were usually forwarded along to others," the report stated

Lost their jobs to be rehired elsewhere...NO CHARGES

Daps
1) He asked Congress to raise the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to a gradual increase toward $10.10. Senate Republicans voted against it. Therefore Obama made an Executive Order ordering all federal government employees to get at least a minimum wage of $10.10. He also asked governors and mayors to increase their minimum wages and at least 7 to 8 states did it on his request.

2)An immigration reform bill passed the Senate vote, but the Speaker of the House of Representatives refused to put it on the floor for a vote.

3)Gun control bill (Stronger background checks was a major part of it) was voted down in the Senate.

4)Criminal Justice reform bill which included getting rid of mandatory minimum sentencing completely died in the Senate. Which is why all of Obama and his Attorney Generals criminal justice reform was done on policy directive which can easily be overturned by the next administration.

5)Republicans blocked the paycheck fairness act which would have better addressed the issue of closing pay gaps between men and women.

6)Republicans voted against a bill that would have stopped giving tax breaks to businesses who ship jobs overseas and instead give tax breaks to those who brought businesses here.

I can go on.

They did nothing but Obstruct his Presidency from the moment they won control of Congress.

This needs a gold star. Too many brehs act like President Obama was a king that could just do whatever he wanted but chose not to. He had 2 years with a Dem majority and still faced a decent amount of obstructionism. Used a lot of capital getting ACA passed.

Once 2010 hit, the GOP blocked everything he did. Drumpf has had 2 years of freedom. If Dems get the House back tonight, he too will face way more heat.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Obama was the best president since Roosevelt. Booming economy, saved the auto and banking industry, heatlh care, took out Bin Laden, worked against corruption in law enforcement, created numerous programs to help minorities.

If you wanted him to have a "black agenda" then he may have not addressed your needs. But in terms of the job he was elected to do by the masses, he was superb.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Hundreds of years of CHATTLE slavery. Naw we don't need anything but the crumbs of programs :mjpls:

Guess splitting benefits with immigrants is fair and balanced:mjpls:

:mjpls:

what the fukk is wrong with yall...
and the nikkaz who dapped this..

no one is saying we dont need anything...

but what YALL are saying is.. as a BLACK MAN /WOman.. i didn't benefit. .

what yall dont get... we are in a country where we are a minority and most of these laws and shyt were made up to keep us down.. so NOW when we have a chance to vote and make some changes.. LETS VOTE

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
He said that Obama should have passed a law that made it illegal for a public officer to kill an unarmed civilian.

Edit: that was you, oh well

Still a ridiculous notion
Ok then

Prove that it's illegal for police officers to kill unarmed civilians

Out of the dozens of cases we have, I can only count on 1 hand how many cops were punished

And more than 1 of those cops that were punished weren't white

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I’m not reading the previous 7 pages.

These grumpy old white people still haven’t been able to kill Obamacare. It’s been gutted sure, but it’s not dead since a lot of the “silent majority” are on it but don’t know their elbows from their a$$holes thinking the ACA isn’t Obamacare and it’s something different :russ:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@dj-method-x

I already killed that propaganda by responding to a few points.
EDIT: So you don't have to click

30817378537_b594bfd980_h.jpg

LINK TO QUOTE IN THIS THREAD

I knew something wouldn't add up with them taking responsbility for reduced teenaged preganancy (which was on the decline for years for many reasons)

^^^ This is bullshyt ya'll didn't research and just copy/paste'd

The championing of improved black wealth is especially offensive when he also gave out the least amount of ads (HE HAD 100% CONTROL OVER THAT) for military recruitment that many black publications relied on. It's the reason the Root was bought by Univision and caters to gay black feminist's misandry.

EBONY and Essense how cater to the same liberal bullshyt because they don't care what black people need because they rely on the mainstream for ad support.

Barack Obama offered no relief for black people affected by the housing scam that destroyed the economy and put bankers in his cabinet. Black homeownership is at a 55 year low, fam.

ARTICLE FROM THIS PAST APRIL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...it-was-when-housing-discrimination-was-legal/

“Until 1968, landlords could legally refuse to rent to African Americans and other people of color, and homeowners and real estate agents could refuse to show or sell them homes,” she writes. “Banks could deny mortgage loans based on a homebuyer’s race or a neighborhood’s racial mix. And white communities could pass zoning and land-use restrictions designed to keep people of color out. The federal Fair Housing Act declared these practices illegal, protecting people from discrimination when they are renting or buying a home or applying for a mortgage loan.”

Progress was made. Black homeownership rates peaked before the housing crisis. Almost 50 percent of African Americans owned homes.

That was then.

This is now: “From 2000 to 2015, that gain was more than erased as forces within and beyond the housing market aligned to reduce the black homeownership rate to 41.2 percent,” according to Urban Institute researchers.

He went around to black colleges to tell us work hard--coming short of a pound cake speech--while championing shyt like UBER which undermines employee rights and literally pays $2.00 a hour while they collect fees. Also, you are at risk for lost of your insurance because ride sharing aint covered by a lot of places.

My Brother's Keeper is a damn scam where a bunch of companies "pledged" to donate. Name me some young people actually in school or on a job because of MBK.

Bryon Allen (black billionarie) has a great interview on other things he offered up to Obama in person and it's eye opening on what we could've don't all by himself.

1) He asked Congress to raise the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to a gradual increase toward $10.10. Senate Republicans voted against it. Therefore Obama made an Executive Order ordering all federal government employees to get at least a minimum wage of $10.10. He also asked governors and mayors to increase their minimum wages and at least 7 to 8 states did it on his request.

2)An immigration reform bill passed the Senate vote, but the Speaker of the House of Representatives refused to put it on the floor for a vote.

3)Gun control bill (Stronger background checks was a major part of it) was voted down in the Senate.

4)Criminal Justice reform bill which included getting rid of mandatory minimum sentencing completely died in the Senate. Which is why all of Obama and his Attorney Generals criminal justice reform was done on policy directive which can easily be overturned by the next administration.

5)Republicans blocked the paycheck fairness act which would have better addressed the issue of closing pay gaps between men and women.

6)Republicans voted against a bill that would have stopped giving tax breaks to businesses who ship jobs overseas and instead give tax breaks to those who brought businesses here.

I can go on.

They did nothing but Obstruct his Presidency from the moment they won control of Congress.

I legitimately don't care about any of that.

This is the closest to good work for black people, but, he undermined criminal justice reform by not getting rid of that racist crack to cocaine sentencing disparity and just reducing it.

He undermined any criminal justice reform by not getting in front of these highly publicized police kilings and ended up signing a Blue Lives Matter bill.

Obama signs 'Blue Alert' law to protect police

What the fukk? Ya'll aren't even making this difficult.

President Obama has felt the pressure to connect with black voters while distancing himself from black interests. Although his signature accomplishment, the Affordable Care Act, will surely benefit black Americans, he has been reluctant to endorse policies that cannot be pitched as universal. In a 2012 interview with Black Enterprise Magazine he said, “I want all Americans to have opportunity. I’m not the president of black America. I’m the president of the United States of America.”

What Black Americans Lost by Siding with Democrats - The Atlantic

@dj-method-x Black people are in crisis, we don't need residuels

How Black Middle-Class Kids Become Poor Adults - The Atlantic

f392db933.png

“Even black Americans who make it to the middle class are likely to see their kids fall down the ladder,” writes Richard Reeves, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. In a recent blog post Reeves says that seven out of 10black children who are born to families with income that falls in the middle quintile of the income spectrum will find themselves with income that's one to two quintiles below their parents' during their own adulthood.

WHERE THE fukk DOES OBAMA GET OFF TELLING US WE'RE DOING BETTER

THIS ARTICLE IS FROM 2015!!!

-----

This is why I can't stand that Oreo cornball, Barry.

He never had to be us (black) and was able to live a white life and eat off affirmative action. Then he worked with the po' black folk for a few years and became "down."

You know they "black'd" up the way he gave speeches right? So he could sound like Dr King?

He told black folks there's "only one America," that we're doing better (and we're atleast doing better than pre-Civil Rights (he said that on Marc Maron's podcast) and that should be good enough.

We believed him.

Asked for nothing.

And shyt. IS. BAD.

Ya'll fell for it.

And I literally just came back from voting for all Democrats. So fukk all ya'll!

Am I pissed at this.

It's all love. Really. I'm just in my political bag after sitting in line.

Last edited:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what the fukk is wrong with yall...
and the nikkaz who dapped this..

no one is saying we dont need anything...

but what YALL are saying is.. as a BLACK MAN /WOman.. i didn't benefit. .

what yall dont get... we are in a country where we are a minority and most of these laws and shyt were made up to keep us down.. so NOW when we have a chance to vote and make some changes.. LETS VOTE
Hey if you don't believe we deserve help, just say it :mjpls:

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
i know a heap of black folk doing good, better than when Obama first started, including myself

If we talking income disparity. that takes years to fix. look at the pay inequality in tech.

Asians/whites got that sowed up because there is a solid pipeline of workers. we need to shift to STEM education and make our own jobs to fix this. Obama could've done more here, but time will tell if he did or not.