Obama and Michelle’s Mama The Night He Was Elected

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
He was poor when they first got together. Michelle had money, he didn't.

Ann Dunham (1942–1995)​

Main article: Ann Dunham
Obama's mother was born Stanley Ann Dunham. She became an anthropologist, specializing in economic anthropology and rural development. She earned her PhD degree from the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa and worked with the United States Agency for International Development, the Ford Foundation, and Women's World Banking, to promote the use of microcredit in order to combat global poverty.[53][60] The Ann Dunham Soetoro Endowment in the Anthropology Department at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa and the Ann Dunham Soetoro Graduate Fellowships at the East–West Center(EWC) in Honolulu, Hawaii, are named in her honor.[61] Obama has said that his mother was the dominant figure of his formative years. "The values she taught me continue to be my touchstone when it comes to how I go about the world of politics."[62]

Stanley Armour Dunham (1918–1992)​

Main article: Stanley Armour Dunham
Stanley Armour Dunham is the maternal grandfather of Barack Obama. He served as a sergeant in the U.S. Army during World War II, enlisting just after the attacks on Pearl Harbor. He and his wife Madelyn Dunham raised Obama in Honolulu, Hawaii. In addition to Obama, Stanley is related to six US presidents: James Madison, Harry S. Truman, Lyndon B. Johnson, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush, and George W. Bush.[63][64] He died in Honolulu, Hawaii, and is buried at the Punchbowl National Cemetery.

Madelyn Lee Payne Dunham (1922–2008)​

Main article: Madelyn Dunham
Madelyn Dunham (née Madelyn Lee Payne) was Obama's maternal grandmother who worked in banking and became vice president of a bank in Hawaii. Obama grew up with her and remembered that when he was a child, his grandmother "read me the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence and told me about the men and women who marched for equality because they believed those words put to paper two centuries ago should mean something."[25]

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
He had a damn rusted hole in his whip when they first meet. Of course at the time he had great earning potential with his education but he was broke as shyt then. Rich people don’t have to take out student loans like the bushes or Trumps bytch ass their daddy pays for it all:camby:

Haha we always got a breh willing to shoot down our stars out of his own insecurities and fear of failure just to get in good with the whites

And all he’ll get out of it is a pat on the back, and he’ll go to bed at night thinking he made it

fukk em

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
:skip:

What's your point? My grandparents had money but that didn't really factor into my life. I literally had to get everything out the mud.

I didnt say he was wealthy....

you said he was poor...and I gave you evidence that is not true...BYE!

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
funny, I remember years ago reading about Lolo Soetoro & the lofty inheritance he left for his children Barack & Maya. (It was about a mill ticket a piece).

Today it seems like all of that shyt has been scrubbed from the net.
It was about 500k IIRC. Definitely some poor brotha from the south side money.

Idk why brehs feel the need to embellish Obama's story like he didn't grow up going to private schools in fukking Hawaii. Yeah that's some poor brotha on the south side type shyt right there.:martin:

Last edited:

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It was about 500k IIRC. Definitely some poor brotha from the south side money :martin:

Nah man. It wasn't 500k it was a million for both of them. I was just looking on the net and all I can find is a sanitized version of Lolo Soetoro. I could be mistaken him for somebody else but I doubt it.