NYU Law Student Pres blames Israel in email to student body, prestigious law offer rescinded

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is you right now....

goal-post-moving.gif

moving-goalpost.gif
You’re literally comparing a college student who condemned Israel’s occupation of Palestine to celebrities who went on anti-Jewish and racist rants. That says more about your comprehension than anything else.

Or perhaps you’re just one of those people who think saying anything about Israel makes you a virulent anti-Jewish person who doesn’t deserve to have a job.

How many non-black college students supported Palestine this weekend have been blasted publicly?

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
“There is nothing to be gained from me, someone who is not an expert in [insert field/topic], giving my opinion on the current circumstances related to [insert topic]. I pray for a resolution, but I will leave this discussion to the experts until I feel I am informed enough to properly articulate my thoughts”

People should learn and live by a phrase like the one above and use it generously when in similar situations, even when their career isn’t on the line. “Shutting the f*** up” is a lost art.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Traveler

All Star
Daps
This is just the beginning of the canceling. Many of your favorite entertainers, news pundits, and/or celebrities will be canceled or bend the knee from this world event. Jobs will be lost behind this event. Freedom of speech for me but not the.......
Yup a lot of folks are gonna find out the hard way when they lose careers and opportunities over this.

The battle lines over this are REALLY interesting. This whole event has had a pretty serious upheaval with people's points of view.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I said this in another thread:

You all know damn well you wouldn't post half the shyt you believe in a public forum -- under your actual name. You're more than welcome to prove me wrong and publish a post on LinkedIn right now.

Freedom of speech protects you from persecution by the government -- not the private sector. There is a much lower bar for consequences in the latter.

Whether we agree or disagree with what she (excuse me "they") said is not the point.

- You know you attend a school with a large Jewish alumni / faculty / student base.
- You know you have a job offer in a profession with a large Jewish population and clientele base.

So at that point, knowing all the facts, it is still well within your right to move forward but be cognizant of the ramifications. If you don't give a shyt, cool. I respect that you feel that strongly in your principles to the point that you risk being black balled by the entire Big Law community.

The reason I mention this piece of information is that I have been told by people at / close to that school that "they" is shocked by the consequences. I don't understand how someone could be naive to how the private sector operates.

It's a risk / reward calculation that everyone has to unfortunately make in these situations. It's why people are uncomfortable talking about politics or religion, because these situations happen.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yup a lot of folks are gonna find out the hard way when they lose careers and opportunities over this.

The battle lines over this are REALLY interesting. This whole event has had a pretty serious upheaval with people's points of view.
I said this in another thread:

You all know damn well you wouldn't post half the shyt you believe in a public forum -- under your actual name. You're more than welcome to prove me wrong and publish a post on LinkedIn right now.

Even worse...people can't keep acting like and saying stuff about how racist and blah blah blah the country is...well if this is true...and I'm inclined to agree...your black ass better move a lot more strategically, regardless of where you stand on certain issues.

Stop blowing the bag on some shyt that even Palestinians are not saying openly.

This is my problem.

These groups are saying shyt Palestinian groups themselves aren't saying :francis:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These guys can still practice law though:

In an extraordinary move, its management team directed the release of scores of emails in which Barber and Ranen used vile terms for women, Black people, Armenians, Persians, and gay men and traded in offensive stereotypes of Jews and Asians. In one fell swoop, the venerable firm managed to torpedo its new rival, destroy the defecting partners’ careers and send the legal establishment reeling.

The emails, stretching back 15 years, were head-spinning in their coarseness and vitriol. A Superior Court judge was called “Sugar T—s.” Multiple female lawyers were referred to as “c—.” The epithets “faq” and “fakkit” were deployed as all-purpose insults. An Asian job applicant was denigrated for the supposed size of his genitalia. Ranen dismissed another job candidate with, “How about someone who’s not a Jew.”

I know, I know:

-“but but those were private emails”
-“but but black folks gotta move differently”
-“but but…but…”

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Black people please please don't pick a horse in this race in this mental illness case

due time them Abraham faiths will wipe each other out

As more time pass when nothing happens prophetically on a supernatural level the only way their "god" as authority he has to be presented to us on a supernatural scale which he only does in their folk lore not in real life.

( but because their religion is not real) the more they will have to self fulfill which means they would have to use man made means to accomplish it which would lead to more war for them and the secular world will see the bull shyt for what it is and fully cut the mental illness :whoa: off by ignoring it.

they actually need antisemitism to push their agenda so just ignore it and move on don't do what they want and hate them their religious leaders need that to scare the ones that would easily assimilate to society.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
These guys can still practice law though:

I know, I know:

-“but but those were private emails”
-“but but black folks gotta move differently”
-“but but…but…”
Naw, they can still practice because they are white men with ESTABLISHED careers. They can move around their industry after a huge mistake (that was in a private email that was exposed).

They/them literally burned the house down purposely.

Nah.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
If you're not directly affected by friends or family involved it's best to stay out of it. I started looking into some of what's happened late last night but that's where it's gonna end.