"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The potential for this team to play pure bully style basketball is real if the defense can hold up even half decent fam. It's a lot of size and athleticism for Fizdale to play around with. There's a lot of "if" involved in this team's success, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. If a few of these guys improved their jumpers, if there's a rotation that can play respectable defense and if the 2nd and 3rd year players show growth rather than regression...all at once...this team could do a bit of overachieving. None of those are unrealistic, but having them all land is tough.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps

These dudes look they’re out to steal some jobs...

:ehh:

giphy.gif

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The potential for this team to play pure bully style basketball is real if the defense can hold up even half decent fam. It's a lot of size and athleticism for Fizdale to play around with. There's a lot of "if" involved in this team's success, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. If a few of these guys improved their jumpers, if there's a rotation that can play respectable defense and if the 2nd and 3rd year players show growth rather than regression...all at once...this team could do a bit of overachieving. None of those are unrealistic, but having them all land is tough.
You're right there's a lot of ifs.

First is Knox. Everyone around the league is down on him, rightfully so, since he had a historically bad season. So he can't get any worse, but will he show any star potential?

DSJ, can he take a leap this year and go from 15ppg to 20?

And with the last young guy, RJ, can he be at least serviceable in his rookie season?

The rest is on Fizdale.
  • Can he come up with good, consistent rotations, based on merit?
  • Does he have an offensive scheme?
  • Can he teach defense?
  • Can he improve youth players?