"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Apologies if someone already threw it up, my computer's acting up and I don't feel like backtracking through the buffering to double-check. But Bleacher Report showed some love for our guy Iggy. Post Summer League draft evaluation of a first round 20's range selection (sidenote: My guy Spencer aka FrontOfficeEye said he'd graded Iggy as a first round pick as soon as we picked him and that's on wax with one of the podcasts but I can't remember which).

How NBA Summer League Would've Impacted 2019 NBA Draft

1. The New York Knicks traded up to No. 47 from No. 55 to secure Ignas Brazdeikis. In a re-draft, however, they'd have to act sooner and more aggressively.

Brazdeikis looked like a first-round pick in Las Vegas, where he averaged 15.4 points and went off for 30 against the Phoenix Suns.

He was questioned entering the draft for his suspect athleticism, playmaking and defensive outlook, but those concerns faded with each game of summer league. The 20-year-old wing shot 50.9 percent and showed no real trouble creating and making shots. His combination of strength, body control and coordination consistently translated to one-handed buckets off drives. He also went 11-of-22 on threes, which was another exciting sign for a new Knicks roster that needs shooters.

Brazdeikis' reads as a passer and defender were equally encouraging since his 0.8 assists per game and lack of quickness seemed problematic at Michigan. Over the last 10 days, he did an admirable job finding teammates and staying in front of his man.

His signature toughness and competitiveness are just more positives that suggest he's a fit for what the Knicks need.

Random Brag: In Realgm's Build a Franchise I got Daniel Gafford with the 38th pick and he's got a first round evaluation too (I've been as good at finding second round gems as the Knicks have been).

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
I also hated Chandler's tenure here. Felt like he had the flu half the time and was pointing fingers the other half :stopitslime:

calling him one of the greatest knicks ever seems like a troll. cant tell with this thread lately :patrice:
:philjacksonlol: Okay Mr. “Thuglass.”

:mjtf:Look what you nikkas done started. Now you got these no name fakkits going at certified Knicks OGs like myself. :snoop:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I am actually surprised more people are not discussing RFA’s in 2020.

Buddy Heild
Kris Dunn
Pascal Siakim
Jaylen Brown
Caris Levert
Taurean Prince
Cedi Osman
Brandon Ingram
Domantis Sabonis
Dejounte Murray

There are a lot of candidates to overpay with the hope they develop along with the core. Obviously some of these are more likely to be matched than others. But you would be surprised, A Harden’esque situation is possible.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I am actually surprised more people are not discussing RFA’s in 2020.

Buddy Heild
Kris Dunn
Pascal Siakim
Jaylen Brown
Caris Levert
Taurean Prince
Cedi Osman
Brandon Ingram
Domantis Sabonis
Dejounte Murray

There are a lot of candidates to overpay with the hope they develop along with the core. Obviously some of these are more likely to be matched than others. But you would be surprised, A Harden’esque situation is possible.

Heild, Dunn, Brown, Prince and Ingram could be getable. Ingram is the only one I’d want tho.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Heild, Dunn, Brown, Prince and Ingram could be getable. Ingram is the only one I’d want tho.

I think they all can be gettable and this year should be a year they all go and ball out in some fashion to prove they are worth a good deal.

Of all of them Siakim is the least likely, but looking at Team caps the rest aren’t a lock unless they sign an extension