"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's a terrible team if the players people think will start actually start.

It kinda reminds me of the Hawks before the season started last year when Collins was hurt.

A lot of shyt fits. You got some talent but you gotta find what works.

For the Hawks, it took till the mid of December to figure shyt out.

Kevin a starter and a great fit with Trae when Baze and Prince weren't.
John is healthy and a great fit with Trae.
Dedmon figured out his role.
Just takes time.

The thing is, the goal shouldn't be to develop everyone even if that's what you doing. The goal is to identify who is the face of your organization. Find the best fits for him and build around it. If that player is R.J. Find the players who fit him best. Don't just go with who is the most talented because that shyt don't work.

When the Hawks started last season. Our guys were Trae. Then it was Prince then Collins, then Spellman, then Kevin with our best player being Bazemore and Dedmon was the center.

When it ended, Trae was the man but it was Collins, then Kevin and after that it was who fit those three. That's what the Knicks gotta do. Identify the nikkas who fit R.J. in my opinion.

You identify those nikkas then you build around them. If its Frank and Morris, you build around them with R.J. if its DSJ and Knox, same shyt

Well they got the personnel to figure it out.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i think the knicks could make it to the 2nd round with this team :lupe:
i think randle takes a step up
portis aint no scrub
morris :wow:
mitch in the paint
Breh second round :whoa: let’s just hope our boys develop and we can sneak into the 8th spot. I just want us to be competitive. We in one the hardest divisions in the league. Philadelphia,Brooklyn,Boston, Toronto :wow: we got our work cut out for us.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Breh second round :whoa: let’s just hope our boys develop and we can sneak into the 8th spot. I just want us to be competitive. We in one the hardest divisions in the league. Philadelphia,Brooklyn,Boston, Toronto :wow: we got our work cut out for us.
Miami taking Toronto or Boston spot. Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Philly gonna dominate the east.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Far be it from me to claim any concrete sources, but I have heard a few times in a few different places that the Knicks culture talk isn't just talk. Their draft and signing processes have put a premium on mindsets. I find the Morris addition a bit of an outlier there, but I only know his story peripherally. Anyway, it goes a ways toward explaining why some of our pieces don't fit in obvious ways and also to why the logjam thing keeps happening. It seems like these guys have been focused on building a locker room of full of good character guys just as much as they've targeted talent acquisition. Yall can take that with a grain of salt, but between reading the tea leaves and convos with a bunch of Knicks heads from all over, that bit always comes up.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Far be it from me to claim any concrete sources, but I have heard a few times in a few different places that the Knicks culture talk isn't just talk. Their draft and signing processes have put a premium on mindsets. I find the Morris addition a bit of an outlier there, but I only know his story peripherally. Anyway, it goes a ways toward explaining why some of our pieces don't fit in obvious ways and also to why the logjam thing keeps happening. It seems like these guys have been focused on building a locker room of full of good character guys just as much as they've targeted talent acquisition. Yall can take that with a grain of salt, but between reading the tea leaves and convos with a bunch of Knicks heads from all over, that bit always comes up.
My sentiments exactly. I really don't think we'll have much of a logjam come regular season and may surprise folks. The Knicks storm has been rumbling and we will make an impact by 2021.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
i think the knicks could make it to the 2nd round with this team :lupe:
i think randle takes a step up
portis aint no scrub
morris :wow:
mitch in the paint
iZ4JwuG.png

Only 2 players on team can actually play defense.

Frank's defense fell off quite a bit last season and we're not even sure he'll even get that many minutes (if he doesn't get traded).

Mitch has yet to prove he is able to stay on the floor for more than 25 minutes. His Summer League play hasn't given me much confidence about his foul trouble.

Everyone else is absolutely terrible. If we get 38 wins it will be a major accomplishment.

Daps
We really need one of RJ or Knox to progress fairly rapidly defensively for this young core to work. I don't see DSJ/RJ fitting; I could see RJ/Knox fitting but if they're you're wings, you'll need at least one of them to play some defense.
Have you been watching summer league? RJ's defense has been solid.