"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Daps
After reading your post...I legit thought, "This was a glimpse at what the Coliseum would look like if brehs tuned out the trolls and there was dialogue between the posters who just love basketball and have the maturity to post about it."

Much appreciated. And cosign, we are on the same page with RJ Barrett playing most of his time at the 1 or as a point-forward.

Understand, Buddy would become a punching bag if he were to become a Knick. He'd instantly be the next overpaid, underskilled player that the knicks were dumb enough to obtain.

I really see alot of solid skill in this guy and I'd really love to have him be part of the future.

Regarding Pelicans news, do you see NO making a play to reacquire him? Would you be happy with that?

If this most recent draft hadn't played out the way it did then maybe, but now that we have Zo, Hart, and NAW coming in next to Jrue, Frank Jackson, and Etwaun Moore there's just no way, especially since Zo is up for an extension himself after this season. I obviously love Buddy and in a world without roster and salary caps would love to have him back but that's not how it works in reality unfortunately :manny:

And regarding your bolded I doubt your FO would give a damn and I know for damn sure Buddy would just use those narratives as further motivation. Because he's already had to deal with those kind of hot takes when he was the league's biggest target for abuse and ridicule as "The bag of chips with a pick the Kings gave up prime Boogie for", especially because of the leaked Steph Curry comparisons from Vivek. But ever since then he's balled out, singlehandedly turned that trade into a resounding win for the Kings (Boogie's achilles tear didn't help :PelsMJcry: ) and showed that those Curry comparisons might've sounded ridiculous at first but have ultimately proven to be not so outrageously far fetched in the end. :wow:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Only caught the last bit of the game, but I need an explanation from someone who's paid more attention that I have lately......why is Knox on the bench when they needed a three to tie at the end?
That's my biggest question. Is he saving him for regular season as our secret weapon?

In fact, I'm thinking he's saving Knox, Mitch, Frank and Dennis minutes for regular season. Notice Frank is sitting out after performing well last game.

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
:unimpressed:

I'm still trying to "have faith"(RDR2 reference) but Fiz is making me scared that at the end of his tenure, we will all feel used and start singing...

That motherfukker Dutch was on some shyt:mjlol:
I have a plan Arthur, keep faith my boy:damn:
That's my biggest question. Is he saving him for regular season as our secret weapon?

In fact, I'm thinking he's saving Knox, Mitch, Frank and Dennis minutes for regular season. Notice Frank is sitting out after performing well last game.
C’mon breh, y’all gotta stop. This man ain’t got no plan, last season y’all was saying this season he gonna bust out the plan for KD and everyone else yet here we are and still no plan. If he had a plan at all, which I doubt, was for KD and another superstar to come and bail his non offensive scheme, no care for defense, keep what you kill ass out.

We’d be better with the Van Der Linde gang than this phony, word to @DPresidential. At least Dutch will keep your ass motivated running in circles.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
A coach like Bud, Rivers, Pop, or Spoelstra could easily make this a playoff team.
I prefer a black coach like Rivers or Gentry. Pop is too uniformed. Bud is cool though but honestly, if Morris starts getting major minutes over Knox and he doesn't learn how to use them together efficiently, I'm throwing in the towel. I can understand Mitch's foul trouble dilemma. Frank is obviously gonna get a lot of minutes with Dennis. RJ of course too but I honestly see no reason why Morris and Randle should be stealing rookie minutes. Those guys should be playing the 4 and 5s.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Not giving a young player needed preseason minutes to prepare him for the 82-game regular season :patrice:...hmmm sounds like a solid plan, what could possibly go wrong :jbhmm:
Our rookies last season played through the entire preseason and season. A lot of teams monitor their star players through the preseason while developing the rooks. That's always a possibility.

He stated earlier that he intended to play them both at the 3 and 4 during the season so we'll see. Honestly, I would've experimented with my strong cards at least at the end of preseason though.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I need to be able to PREDICT our typical plays.

I don't mean we need to be strategically predictable. I mean, when a play happens and succeeds, I should be able to look at it and go...I knew they were going to go to their bread and butter!

Much like back in the 90s, if we needed a bucket, we'd have the point take it down court slowly, a few screens and passes leading to a mismatch in the low post for Patrick. You could make the whole game a bunch of silhouettes and I'd be able to watch 5 minutes and tell you who the Knicks are.

When the ball comes down court for the last year and a half...I really don't know what the fukk I'm about to see come into fruition other than the screen and pass juggle between our point and our big man on the perimeter. nikkas look lost after that.

We have the tools to be able to design sets for particular lineups. Fiz either needs to get shyt concreted or hire an assistant offensive mind.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
whats improvement to you?
we win more games den last year,
but we still gonna suck.
hope i didnt spoil the movie
I mean if Smith, Nitty, Knox, RJ and Mitch improve, why shouldn't they have more wins. Now if the vets take their minutes on improvement, everyone will see the obvious. That's why I say relax. Any coach that does that will get booed to Bolivian.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean if Smith, Nitty, Knox, RJ and Mitch improve, why shouldn't they have more wins. Now if the vets take their minutes on improvement, everyone will see the obvious. That's why I say relax. Any coach that does that will get booed to Bolivian.
so again, why bring it in vets who start for playoff teams or at da very least, better teams, and tell them they gettin no playin time on da knicks?:russ:

fits can only do so much. they settin him up for fukkery