"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, I disagree on all this bashing on the Knicks and Fizdale based on 3 preseason games. If he lines up the right starting lineup, it could be good. Plus everyone was cold.
mills and perry got their own agendas
the team and winning is not their priority
i dont even know why mills has a job
he was around during da isiah years when we missed da playoffs for 3-4 years.
and then was re hired with a promotion for some reason after glen got fired and is apart of our current 6 soon to be 7 year playoff drought
what has he ever done good for us?

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fiz wouldn’t know a good lineup if it slapped his mother in the face.

I hope he’s just fukking around for preseason and gets a nice rotation going because it looks like another year of him trying to please every new player with playing time.

And we still can’t defend corner threes.

mayb we should stop bringing in a bunch of randoms every year on short term contracts who are trying to gain long term employment

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trading away plan... nikka, what?:gucci:

Who did I talk about trading?

If anything, the picks that we have from the Dallas trade and the expiring contracts all contribute to the ability to maneuver intelligently.

Stick to your strength, pouncing onnlow hanging fruit like "Knicks lose, daps" as opposed to dishing beyond your bball iq.
My bad, I forgot this the knicks. They will trade for Chris Paul probably

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
gotta stop making excuses for that boy

Fam, it’s wild to me that nikkas can see Frank single hand-idly shut down Atlanta’s entire offense in Trae Young, and complain about his offense as if we weren’t a Julius Randle free throw from winning the game. Say DSJ was healthy, and was able to put up 5 pts down the stretch but give up 7, don’t we lose anyway?

Lurk Angle

All Star
Daps
I think I've seen enough. I had hopes of winning 30+ games but I doubt we would get close to that number. This is another sorry bunch and another dark season that will be hard to remember. Like the Penny Hardaway years.

Another sub 20 win season and I'm calling for Mills, Perry and Fiz to go.
I hate to keep seeing head coaches go and front office change
But with the way the roster is built
And the coaching is
One or the other has to change

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
As someone who's followed Buddy since we drafted him in 2016 I can say he's a bonafide stud and the kind of guy a team in your position has almost nothing to lose making an offer for. A lot of crap gets said about his age but the fact is whoever extends him is paying for the entirety of his athletic prime and as a pure shooter he is the type of guy who's game will age well over time and be contributing well into his 30s; he's not some no skill scrub relying on outlier athleticism to get by in the league who's going to fall off a cliff once his bounce goes. I also think RJ's ultimate best best position is not at the 3 or the 2 but at the 1 as primary ballhandler/PG a la Harden in 2017, and Buddy would compliment him extremely well in that kinda role next to him in the backcourt considering he doesn't need the ball in his hands to do his best work like so many of the guys on your roster currently do (RJ, Randle, DSJ, Payton).

Buddy is legit one of the very best shooters in the NBA currently (most made 3s in a players first 3 years in NBA history) and he's a hard worker who's improved exponentially overall every year he's been in the league and still has the capacity to get even better despite his advanced age relative to when he was drafted. He's not a flashy superstar big name trade/signing but with Bradley Beal and Klay extended this year there really aren't any big name 2-guards that look to be on the market on the horizon, and the culture y'all are trying to build from the ground up isn't really desperate or in the position for those types of players at the moment despite media narratives to the contrary. Buddy has already successfully established himself in a similar rebuilding situation in the West with the Kings; if your FO were to take the chance on him I think he would be a big help in turning around your franchise's fortunes like he did theirs.:salute:

What would you look for in a trade for him?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Only caught the last bit of the game, but I need an explanation from someone who's paid more attention that I have lately......why is Knox on the bench when they needed a three to tie at the end?
Cause Fiz is obsessed with wayne Ellington for some reason. Everyone in the arena knew we were running a play for him at the end, idk why we wouldn’t use him as a decoy.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam, it’s wild to me that nikkas can see Frank single hand-idly shut down Atlanta’s entire offense in Trae Young, and complain about his offense as if we weren’t a Julius Randle free throw from winning the game. Say DSJ was healthy, and was able to put up 5 pts down the stretch but give up 7, don’t we lose anyway?
at the end of da day, both smith and frank look to be meh/sometimeish players
so we gomna be complainin about them every couple of days, weeks if we are lucky.

tell the bum ass front office to bring in some real players

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Yea, I disagree on all this bashing on the Knicks and Fizdale based on 3 preseason games. If he lines up the right starting lineup, it could be good. Plus everyone was cold.
The lineup can only do so much, we need an offensive plan and hold dudes accountable to play defense. No more excuses.

Daps
If DSJ is not up to snuff the Knicks might have to trade him or make him 6th man running a lineup of

RJ
Frank
Morris
Randle
Robinson though I would prefer

RJ
Frank
Knox
Morris
Mitch

Defense at every position with the exception of Knox.

If they refuse to bench randle they can do small ball w/ randle at 5 or do Randle/Portis if
Fiz insists on that combo.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Only caught the last bit of the game, but I need an explanation from someone who's paid more attention that I have lately......why is Knox on the bench when they needed a three to tie at the end?

InformalAcrobaticBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
If DSJ is not up to snuff the Knicks might have to trade him or make him 6th man running a lineup of

RJ
Frank
Morris
Randle
Robinson though I would prefer

RJ
Frank
Knox
Morris
Mitch

Defense at every position with the exception of Knox.

If they refuse to bench randle they can do small ball w/ randle at 5 or do Randle/Portis if
Fiz insists on that combo.

Frank
RJ
Knox
Morris
Mitch

Or

RJ
Ellington
Knox
Morris
Mitch

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
As someone who's followed Buddy since we drafted him in 2016 I can say he's a bonafide stud and the kind of guy a team in your position has almost nothing to lose making an offer for. A lot of crap gets said about his age but the fact is whoever extends him is paying for the entirety of his athletic prime and as a pure shooter he is the type of guy who's game will age well over time and be contributing well into his 30s; he's not some no skill scrub relying on outlier athleticism to get by in the league who's going to fall off a cliff once his bounce goes. I also think RJ's ultimate best best position is not at the 3 or the 2 but at the 1 as primary ballhandler/PG a la Harden in 2017, and Buddy would compliment him extremely well in that kinda role next to him in the backcourt considering he doesn't need the ball in his hands to do his best work like so many of the guys on your roster currently do (RJ, Randle, DSJ, Payton).

Buddy is legit one of the very best shooters in the NBA currently (most made 3s in a players first 3 years in NBA history) and he's a hard worker who's improved exponentially overall every year he's been in the league and still has the capacity to get even better despite his advanced age relative to when he was drafted. He's not a flashy superstar big name trade/signing but with Bradley Beal and Klay extended this year there really aren't any big name 2-guards that look to be on the market on the horizon, and the culture y'all are trying to build from the ground up isn't really desperate or in the position for those types of players at the moment despite media narratives to the contrary. Buddy has already successfully established himself in a similar rebuilding situation in the West with the Kings; if your FO were to take the chance on him I think he would be a big help in turning around your franchise's fortunes like he did theirs.:salute:
After reading your post...I legit thought, "This was a glimpse at what the Coliseum would look like if brehs tuned out the trolls and there was dialogue between the posters who just love basketball and have the maturity to post about it."

Much appreciated. And cosign, we are on the same page with RJ Barrett playing most of his time at the 1 or as a point-forward.

Understand, Buddy would become a punching bag if he were to become a Knick. He'd instantly be the next overpaid, underskilled player that the knicks were dumb enough to obtain.

I really see alot of solid skill in this guy and I'd really love to have him be part of the future.

Regarding Pelicans news, do you see NO making a play to reacquire him? Would you be happy with that?