"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is not it. The dudes offensive system is non existent. This is a huge factor as to why comparing the Knicks semi rebuild to the Nets semi rebuild is flawed. Kenny Atkinson had a solid system in place that was obviously influenced by Pop byway of Bud. Fiz allowing all that Iso Zo shyt last year was a red flag.

Fiz is not a good coach . He doesn’t have a system for offense or defense tbh . He seems like he lets them do whatever they want . This game was one of the better defensive efforts probably since that GS game last year which is sad

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Y'all really make deep ass threads like this won't be the same trash ass team year after year.

This has to be the worst franchise in all NY sports. Even the Jets and Mets will tease with deep playoff runs every now and again. The Knicks might give you that every two decades. shyt so frustrating you can't even fake optimism with this team.

We will have a bottom 3 record and end up with the 7th pick this time. Only the Knicks.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all really make deep ass threads like this won't be the same trash ass team year after year.

This has to be the worst franchise in all NY sports. Even the Jets and Mets will tease with deep playoff runs every now and again. The Knicks might give you that every two decades. shyt so frustrating you can't even take optimism with this team.

We wil have a bottom 3 record and end up with the 7th pick this time. Only the Knicks.
:wow:

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Fiz is not a good coach . He doesn’t have a system for offense or defense tbh . He seems like he lets them do whatever they want . This game was one of the better defensive efforts probably since that GS game last year which is sad

Fiz should be our Assistant Coach; good motivational speaker but no Xs and Os. There are reasons why Riley didn’t promote him in Miami and why he got canned in Memphis.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Frank, RJ, Knox, Randle (or Morris, I honestly don’t give a fukk) and Robinson should start next game. Run some fukking pick and rolls, and only give Randle the ball curling from the top of the key going downhill since that’s the only way he can score.
This is literally the best offense and defense. RJ, Knox and Morris has to play. We need Frank's defense. I don't care who plays center. Dennis needs to play the backcourt with Trier, Ellington and Randle when the season starts.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Fiz might not be it.
Yea, today was concerning. My only hope is that’s hes been working on installing the defense with all these new guys more than the offense. They played pretty solid defense all game, but what they did at the end of the game i haven’t seen from the knicks in years. It was a coordinated attack with good rotations. Even when Dennis was out there.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall get too riled up over trash teams
this team sucks
if everything goes right we end up with the 8th seed and lose in the first round which means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

and everything never goes right for us. it is what it is until we get some real players on da squad.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Frank played some good D down the stretch against Trae but there is really nothing in dudes game that points to him being a fulltime starter, he doesn't even look to score half the time and I've never seen him show pg skills where he's making people around him better. A spot defender is his identity in this league. Maybe he can build a respectable 3 point shot, idk.

Not sure why Knox and Mitchell aren't starting along with RJ and i guess DSJ. The youth should be getting 30+ mins per night in NYC with RJ running point.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Buddy Heild wants out of Sacramento if he doesn’t get the contract he wants. Only issue is, he’s a promising young player with upside now, but the second we trade for him he’s gonna be and “old chucker who can’t defend” :francis: