"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Trier got thrown in the bushes tonight :dwillhuh:
I think we got some good guards in R.J., Ellington, Trier and Dotson. I wasn't feeling Payton's game too much. Frank on the other hand did a great job defensively and played aggressive like I liked. Everyone got touches and he served a nice underrated pass to Randle in the perimeter for the foul. I think he'll play very well with RJ but also I wouldn't mind if Fiz used Ellington as a small forward wingman too. Portis and Mitch would complement them well too.

Daps
Fiz will most likely keep RJ in the starting lineup but they need to surround him with shooters

Randle is unproven as a shooter
DSJ is also a mystery assuming he starts

It also seems like the Knicks might have a Luka situation where in they only really need one primary ball handler in the starting lineup and RJ being in that role makes him the most effective. He was non-existant playing as a floor spacer in the 1st half

Once they started giving him the ball to handle, he took over.
He also has great chemistry with Frank for whatever reason.
This should be the starting lineup Frank/RJ/Knox/Morris/Mitch

This is a nice blend of defense and offense but will it happen?

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Fiz will most likely keep RJ in the starting lineup but they need to surround him with shooters

It also seems like the Knicks might have a Luka situation where in they only really need one primary ball handler in the starting lineup w/ RJ
and him being in that role makes him the most effective. He was non-existant playing as a floor spacer in the 1st half

In the 4th q Frank got to the foul line and RJ was over there talking to him I think they legitimately building a bond. Rj clearly needs the rock to make things happen and that will clash with Payton who's been in the league longer is used to handling it. Taj was clutch as hell and I'm curious what bigs finish the 4th.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

It also seems like the Knicks might have a Luka situation where in they only really need one primary ball handler in the starting lineup w/ RJ
and him being in that role makes him the most effective. He was non-existant playing as a floor spacer in the 1st half

This is why I understand that RJ is a dog in practice but "earning" a spot shouldn't be one dimensional as being a starting spot.

Players should EARN their way into the optimal role and position. From what I saw last night, RJ EARNED his spot as priority as the second unit's floor general/point forward.

I am not trying to play him. He really impressed me with how he had such a Sprewell type of game...shakey start and then really turning up to be an integral part of a win in the later stages of the games. I honestly believe if RJ was first off the bench to take the role of floor general w/ Knox subbing in as well and Mitch - if avoiding foul trouble - is already warmed up as a starter. Then you have Frank transitioning from the main point to 3&D... RJ could possibly be a strong contender for ROTY and a real candidate for 6MOTY if the Knicks pull off sneaking into the playoffs.

Frank...he could have went 1-10, I would have been just as ecstatic since the only thing holding him back was timidness.

I'm excited.

Knox...I'm not worried about his scoring ability. He showed some nice shyt.
But, my God, much like KP, he looks so clumsy out there handling the ball

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm not shytting on Randle, he looked like the only player playing at preseason level imo. I'm gonna hold off on Randle til shyt gets real.

I know it's preseason, but do yall think Fiz should do his starting 5 carousel or lock in on his 5? I see the case behind each method...but I guess it's moot until DSJ gets in there.
Our lack of spacing hurt him a lot. I can see the tunnel vision that people talk about. It’s not really that he’s a selfish player, just that once he decides he’s gonna try and score he’s not doing anything else, defense be damned. Hopefully the staff can get him out of that too. My biggest concern with him last night was his play in the second half was damn near non existent. I’ve read a lot of people complain about his conditioning so that’s something I’m going to pay attention to when the season starts and hope that it’s just cause it’s pre season.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Our lack of spacing hurt him a lot. I can see the tunnel vision that people talk about. It’s not really that he’s a selfish player, just that once he decides he’s gonna try and score he’s not doing anything else, defense be damned. Hopefully the staff can get him out of that too. My biggest concern with him last night was his play in the second half was damn near non existent. I’ve read a lot of people complain about his conditioning so that’s something I’m going to pay attention to when the season starts and hope that it’s just cause it’s pre season.

Randle looks like he'd be a really good third option and could be a good second option even. But as a first option, he's got more to show for sure. I did like that in the third quarter he kept finding RJ, not sure if coach put it up to him because that started with a curl. But either way, I get exactly what you mean when you say Randle's not selfish but he gets tunnel vision. I'm a curious about Randle pairing with a stretch 5 more too...Portis or Taj.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Y’all know me, I’m one of if not the biggest Frank supporter here. But the way y’all praising last night I don’t see it. Yea, he played better than he normally does but the way y’all talking about it doesn’t match what I’m seeing, someone help me out.

Also, maybe Frank and RJ working well off a common connection with speaking French. Lastly, Frank and Taj had good chemistry from the looks of it. I really think Taj is gonna be great for this team, he doesn’t step on the young players toes and seems supportive.

We have too many guys

Trier only got 8 minutes, Dotson, DSJ, Portis were all out

I don’t know how Fiz is gonna manage this we are legit 12 deep :russ:

When Bullock comes back 13 deep
Not to mention Kadeem Allen.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Y’all know me, I’m one of if not the biggest Frank supporter here. But the way y’all praising last night I don’t see it. Yea, he played better than he normally does but the way y’all talking about it doesn’t match what I’m seeing, someone help me out.

Also, maybe Frank and RJ working well off a common connection with speaking French. Lastly, Frank and Taj had good chemistry from the looks of it. I really think Taj is gonna be great for this team, he doesn’t step on the young players toes and seems supportive.

Not to mention Kadeem Allen.
Frank was noticeably quicker with a slicker handle and wasn’t scared to shoot