Nycc comic con - worth going?

Daps
They charge for selfies :dead:
Some celebs have regular autographs with one rate, then premium autographs with a higher rate if you want them to sign DVDs, posters, artwork etc :dead:
Cash only :dead:

Yeah I went a few years back and Zach (black power ranger) was acting like a diva.

Sorry but I just wasn't paying 50 to take a pic with somebody that ain't been a legit star since 1994.

I went up to him and dapped him up tho. Got mad :mjpls: vibes from him

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Might be. Last one I went to was in San Diego in the early 90's and I got Todd McFarlane's autograph on my copy of Spawn #1......:thumbsup:

Haven't been to another one since. Think I spent a little over $300 for two days on comics and animé. Didn't bother with the cosplay.

Bring your own food if you intend to hang around for more than a couple hours and STICK TO YOUR BUDGET!!!!​

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah I went a few years back and Zach (black power ranger) was acting like a diva.

Sorry but I just wasn't paying 50 to take a pic with somebody that ain't been a legit star since 1994.

I went up to him and dapped him up tho. Got mad :mjpls: vibes from him

Its basically a cash cow convention at this point. And you right, lots of folks acting like divas. My boy said he went last year here in NYC on the weekend, went up to one of the artists from Lilo and Stitch and the artist said "oh speak to my assistant" cause my boy asked about drawing something up, assistant was 5 feet away :mjlol:

Might be. Last one I went to was in San Diego in the early 90's and I got Todd McFarlane's autograph on my copy of Spawn #1......:thumbsup:

Haven't been to another one since. Think I spent a little over $300 for two days on comics and animé. Didn't bother with the cosplay.

Bring your own food if you intend to hang around for more than a couple hours and STICK TO YOUR BUDGET!!!!​
I'll be there next Thursday, I ain't trying to come out of my budget, and those food lines last year were :hovadamn:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Went last year. Best con I've ever been to. :blackpblessed:

Make sure you bring money with you for merch, and plot your day in advance. I was mainly going to meet comic book artists and writers, so I planned which artists I would go to in order.
I only wish I could have stayed an extra week before or after the con to experience more of NYC than Lower Manhattan and North Bergen, NJ. :mjlol:

I had to juggle doing the New York tourist stuff in the evening and doing the con stuff during the day. I did so much walking I lost 14 pounds while I was there. :merchant:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I've always wanted to go to SDCC and NYCC but SDCC is out of the question now since it's gone so corporate in the past decade. Going to see about trying to go next year.

Im not a CC guy- but i ran into SDCC while I was out there vacationing- was only able to see what was going on outside the event- at first I was laughin like...this some real nerd shyt here but as I kept watching the people dressed up taking pics...socializing- it looked fun. If thats ya thing- i think you would enjoy it.BTW- saw a few chicks who are comic nerds dressed up :shaq:

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
If you're going to be a fan and talk to famous celebs or anyone else. Then Thursday isn't going to be your day. The big heads plan for the weekend which is of course, sold out. I go for the easy ass walking around. As I mentioned in the Cosplay girl thread, its easy if you know what you're doing. If anyone wants an epic wingman, PM me, I do this every year...and it only gets easier.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
If you're going to be a fan and talk to famous celebs or anyone else. Then Thursday isn't going to be your day. The big heads plan for the weekend which is of course, sold out. I go for the easy ass walking around. As I mentioned in the Cosplay girl thread, its easy if you know what you're doing. If anyone wants an epic wingman, PM me, I do this every year...and it only gets easier.

Um....what's your strategy or keys to success getting numbers at a Comic Con? :ohhh:

Chef

All Star
Daps
It’s lit. I want to say there is something for everyone if you enjoy the culture. I went there three times and never had a bad time. :ehh:

The cosplay thotties though. :mjgrin:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Um....what's your strategy or keys to success getting numbers at a Comic Con? :ohhh:

Considering I can't even get in these days (used to be a time I could wing it and still get tickets on the day...then TWD happened), just stand outside for a bit on your phone and browse. Eventually you can lead off with the typical commonalities and questions. "So what did you come here to see?", "I heard x was supposed to be here", etc. I mentioned before in the other thread, that you do have to do some homework, but with the library of Alexandria in your pocket, you can look up anything before the day.

Seeing as the center is on 11th ave, you only need to go down to 10th and hit up Dunkin Donuts. Yes I know they have a Starbucks at Javitz but nerds love showing off to any and everyone. This has been an easy spot for me to grab up some slimmies. Your main problem is going to be knowing what to talk about. Everyone mentions Dragonball, but surprisingly enough the whores don't really watch it.

For now you're lucky its all GoT....so prattle about that. Ultimately there is no bar "around", you're in fukking 11th ave, you're gonna be doing some walking before you find a bar. But don't bother, I only spend money on myself and thats for coffee.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I have to get out here. I already bought one art piece, and commissioned another!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just came home from the convention. I'll try and post a few pics later today. shyt was lit, although I still think last year's event had more people on day 1.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Here's a few pics for the coli family :mjgrin:
CDSSdjm.jpg
mKI7g89.jpg
B75qaz5.jpg
VC0bZp7.jpg
F78hQV3.jpg
uGtXsWu.jpg
P5S49Nf.jpg
SqUunSo.jpg