NYC Mayor Adams launches crackdown on shoplifting and retail theft

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
I expected something way different from the word 'crackdown' :mjlol:

and half of yall clearly didn't actually read/watch the shyt

I just wish I could've been in the meeting when someone pitched the idea that people will stop mid-theft when they see the social services kiosk

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I just wish I could've been in the meeting when someone pitched the idea that people will stop mid-theft when they see the social services kiosk
Yea I don’t think any of that shyt is going to work.

Neighborhood retail watch groups lol
:heh:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Let them run out the store worth the merch and then hit them with a shoulder fired missile. Guarantee that will slow the stealing down.
:skip:

giphy.gif

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Kiosks installed in stores to connect would-be thieves to social service programs…

:dead:
Have to put that in there. When the state drops the hammer and starts enforcing laws, this is to silence the "bu bu bu but resources and programs would stop them from stealing crowd". Also gives those arrested for the first time a pass.

Shoplifters do it as a shortcut to working, so expect a bunch of them to be arrested and jailed eventually.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
it's overstated and the CEOs of these businesses have admitted as much, waste of resources.

but cops gon cop

That’s a complete lie. I worked in retail for 10 years, it is a much deeper issue than rando former criminals coming in stealing chapstick and socks, it is a multi billion dollar a year issue that involves ORCs (Organized retail crime groups), internal theft and disengaged/understaffed employees. It is difficult for stores to stop theft and sell at the same time (hence why so much shyt is locked up behind glass/lock & key).

These measures from NYC seem a bit light but at least they’re trying to make an effort. I think the penalties need to be harsher nationwide to truly stop it (felonies for thefts of $500 of higher, mandatory jail time for repeat offenders)

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’ll be surprised but the majority of shoplifters be white teenage girls/women

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

As usual, people read a title ONLY, create their own narrative in their mind and respond passionately with zero understanding of the actual issue.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That’s a complete lie. I worked in retail for 10 years, it is a much deeper issue than rando former criminals coming in stealing chapstick and socks, it is a multi billion dollar a year issue that involves ORCs (Organized retail crime groups), internal theft and disengaged/understaffed employees. It is difficult for stores to stop theft and sell at the same time (hence why so much shyt is locked up behind glass/lock & key).

These measures from NYC seem a bit light but at least they’re trying to make an effort. I think the penalties need to be harsher nationwide to truly stop it (felonies for thefts of $500 of higher, mandatory jail time for repeat offenders)
Yeah, people run with the deflections fed to them, and name the corporate retail /pharmacy chains but a good number of stores across the city are still family owned. The big boy stores can barely absorb the losses, the mom and pop places get buried taking those kinds of losses while having to pay steep rents.

To let some here tell it, it's a victimless crime.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Yeah, people run with the deflections fed to them, and name the corporate retail /pharmacy chains but a good number of stores across the city are still family owned. The big boy stores can barely absorb the losses, the mom and pop places get buried taking those kinds of losses while having to pay steep rents.

To let some here tell it, it's a victimless crime.

And we haven’t even talked about the credit card scammers, fake ID having folks, switching off the back of gift cards, stealing people’s Apple Pay and shyt. That’s a big part of this too because those folks fool you into thinking it’s a legit purpose and they’re walking out the door with thousands of dollars at stores across the US every day. It’s not just people breaking a lock and running out the door