TJ Maxx security employees will wear bodycams to deter theft/violence

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Screenshot-2022-01-10-12.19.49-PM.png

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is stupid, and it will not deter shoplifters, de-escalate incidents or keep workers safe. It's just putting them in danger. I bet the real reason for this is to just surveil employees. Hopefully, it backfires on them.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
out here in Canada we have Marshalls/Winners which are under the same banner. post pandemic they have been hot spots for theft. i worked at these chains in high school... used to be that 90% of the theft was by middle aged bored house wives. boy have times changed. tell me when young brehs decided to start boosting from these places. now they have undercover cops posted in there. i seen some fool as kid get rushed for stealing he did it so damn sloppy i nearly laughed. these kids don't even know how to steal. they so dumb, they don't take the security tags off just stash shyt and walk out, they don't run. the undercovers are EATING.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I stopped shopping at TJ Max years ago bc their extreme, arguably:mjpls:lost and prevention policy. The little white lady policing the fitting rooms was doing too much. Never been back to that low class dump.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Yea but how is it explicitly dangerous? They should definitely be getting paid more to wear those regardless.

Filming someone or standing next to someone who could be stealing while making $14/hr for someone who has no gun, pepper spray, handcuffs or self defense training is a recipie for disaster.

You seen the folks up in TJJ Maxx working. Either they teenagers, older women or single mothers. They gonna get fukked up or killed doing this. These companies too fukkin cheap to pay for security.

These discount retailers rake in BILLIONS and full-time security is a drop in the bucket.

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the last time I was in that store some old white bytch who worked there was basically stalking me.

the most uncomfortable and discriminated against that I've felt while shopping in a long time as a man in my 30s. feel like it used to happen way more when I was younger.

I literally was just looking around to see if there was anything interesting worth my $$$, which you can sometimes find in those types of stores.

there wasn't even anything worth stealing in their picked over ass store in my opinion, dumb bytch.

I'll continue to patronize Marshalls and Ross instead.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think a lot of these clothing stores have skewed towards women since they're the ones that actually wanna still go out and shop in person still, any time I go somewhere with my girl I can't even distract myself pretending to go through the men's section because the shyt might be 3-4 aisles tops for men, turn around and see 20 aisles of women's shyt

Even the cool vintage stores are like this now :why: and you know women be buying the dope men's shirts too, we getting clapped out here
That’s simply because women buy twenty outfits and wear 5 regularly. So the reusability is high.

Men will wear two outfits until the threads split.

You can find high quality vintage suits because men don’t wear suits as much anymore

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
When the world realizes you can find better quality clothes for less money on Amazon, stores like TJ Max will cease to exist. I never understood the appeal of places that carry overpriced mid.
some if these departmen stores are getting real deal shyt now. There are some wack TJ MAXX stores, go to the ones on the nice sides of town. You’d be amazed with what you’d find