"NYC is DESTROYED by Migrant Crisis" City spends $8 million a day and has ran out of housing

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Every police precinct in Chicago has about 50-100 illegals living outside and none of them are African or any other black ethnicity. They took over an entire hotel downtown just for them and I have yet to see anyone other than Central Americans in that place and im driving/walking past it multiple times a day to know.

The African immigrants are going to New York instead of Chicago.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Comment from Reddit:

Here's the beginning part with the bullet points:

New York’s affordability crisis is spinning out of control, and the mayor is the one spinning it. By now, the morbid facts are familiar:

Our city’s median income would need to double to afford the median rent.

Affordable apartments — priced under $1,500 a month — show a vacancy rate of just 1%.

Hundreds of thousands of tenants throughout the five boroughs owe their landlords back-rent.

Evictions are on the rise, and with the city deliberately under-funding legal services, some New Yorkers are forced to represent themselves in housing court, in violation of their “Right to Counsel.”

The shelter system’s population is at a record high, and the vast majority of homeless New Yorkers who get kicked out of subway stations or off the streets, finding no better options available, go right back to those same stations and streets and wait to be kicked out again.

To make matters worse, Con Ed and the MTA are hiking costs as well.

New Yorkers are at their breaking point, and every facet of their mayor’s approach to housing intensifies, rather than alleviating, their strain:

For the second year in a row, his hand-picked Rent Guidelines Board imposed rent hikes on regulated units.

His relentless series of budget cuts and vacancy eliminations have starved the city’s housing development agency of staff, forestalling affordable housing development. (He managed to cut an additional $47.3 million from that agency in the recently-passed FY24 budget.)

He allocated less than 5% of what right to counsel providers say they need.

He is fighting tooth and nail to dismantle New York’s sacrosanct right to shelter.

His “homeless sweeps,” destroying camps and forcibly removing thousands of people, wound up securing permanent housing for all of three people, according to an audit by Comptroller Brad Lander.

His direction to police to forcibly hospitalize homeless New Yorkers who pose a danger to themselves was ill-conceived from the start: How were law enforcement officials to make such a clinical determination, far outside their areas of expertise? The mayor set up a hotline for them to call — no one ever did.

He has repeatedly botched the city’s response to an influx of asylum seekers, needlessly forcing hundreds to sleep on sidewalks, secretly rejecting offers of assistance from Albany, spending finite city resources with little regard for sustainability, and more.

And to top it all off, this summer he vetoed common-sense, cost-effective legislation designed to move struggling New Yorkers from shelters into permanent housing more efficiently. (As the lead sponsor of one of the bills, I am especially proud to say we easily overrode that veto.)

The rest of the article basically demands an about face from the mayor. (Good luck with that.)
The problem is the stupid mayor

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Thousands of migrants from the West African country of Mauritania have arrived in the U.S. in recent months, following a new route taking them to Nicaragua and up through the southern border"

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
"Thousands of migrants from the West African country of Mauritania have arrived in the U.S. in recent months, following a new route taking them to Nicaragua and up through the southern border"

Yall gonna stop spreading propaganda on Africans
The vast majority of the refugees are hispanic
MAJORITY

"thousands"
Yall pityful as shyt

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't give a single fukk about the conditions a illegal border hopper lives in, nor the living conditions of voters who support virtue signaling idiots like AOC and open borders...

She's YOUR representative, YOU voted for her, her policies are YOUR problem...

Don't like it? Can't handle it? Elections have consequences, vote smarter next time...

She's from the bronx i can't vote for bx candidates.I didnt vote for her...:mjlol:

I hear what you saying. I get it but nyc has districts..:heh:

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Nope...

Not my problem, I don't support open borders/illegal immigration...

When you can't feed and house your own people, you can't be taking on someone elses...

The thing is a lot of these ppl from Venezuela coming here expecting to get handouts... They demanding shyt regular residents of the city not getting... If they don't get it they get wild rowdy. They really bookin ppl in midtown like it's a 3rd world country

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The thing is a lot of these ppl from Venezuela coming here expecting to get handouts... They demanding shyt regular residents of the city not getting... If they don't get it they get wild rowdy. They really bookin ppl in midtown like it's a 3rd world country
and they're getting those handouts which is incentivizing more of them to flood the border...

Like I said in another thread, Blue state dems played the DUMBEST game of political chess of all time...