NYC Heads: Are all Chinese takeout spots closed in your area?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Also quick observation... why is it that I never see Asians eat at Chinese restaurants that they love placing in our communities?
I have seen a few Asians ordering from a few different Chinese spots that i have been to:yeshrug:, mostly in the better areas that have other fast food areas but not the hood unless it's near a hospital or downtown area.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
All of them but I'm going to tell you a secret. Most of these Chinese places are closing down in the next 20 years anyway. Most of these owners have kids who don't want to be in the business at all. The days of having a Chinese spot on every block in NY/NJ is coming to an end, only the best spots will survive.

Been eating at this Jamaican joint for my takeout needs and this soul food joint in Irvington.

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
@morris A1 Asian Fusion is open. The usual; takeout and delivery only.
Thanks, but ...
If that's the one on 7th or 8th Ave next to the Indian spot

I decided to try it since it was new in the area but it was grossly overpriced and the fool wasn't good at all h.. in the hell are they open

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Thanks, but ...
If that's the one on 7th or 8th Ave next to the Indian spot

I decided to try it since it was new in the area but it was grossly overpriced and the fool wasn't good at all h.. in the hell are they open
:pachaha: yeah that’s it. I honestly stopped eating from there years ago but I was just trying to help lmao.

morris

Superstar
Daps
many of them was on their way out anyway. Chinese immigrants aren’t poor second class citizens the way they used to be anymore. Their children are highly educated and well off and running restaurants are no longer a necessity for survival.

Chinese restaurants are closing. That’s a good thing, the owners say. | Boston.com
funny thing is, most those places are STILL run by Chinese immigrants. Only the person taking the orders is English speaking.

There's one on Lenox Ave. where they seemed to change front desk person every 4 years

I was reading that even Mc'Donald's style Panda Express closed as well (albeit not permanently)

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
You're probably eating some homemade shyt that's gonna clog the fukk outta your arteries right now, but cool.

They're essential to every hood. When all these other spots wanna close early, guess who was gonna stay open all night? Them and habibi at the deli.

Um, yeah. All the nasty ass shyt y'all ate from your local Chinese spot that was there for you when your mama didn't wanna cook that night and NOW you're worried about what's in the food? :mjlol: If your Chicken Wings were really bat clit this entire time, well guess what? Bat clit kept you fed on those cold nights.

Support your local Chinese food store when they come back, unless you tryna get healthy.
No.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
All of them but I'm going to tell you a secret. Most of these Chinese places are closing down in the next 20 years anyway. Most of these owners have kids who don't want to be in the business at all. The days of having a Chinese spot on every block in NY/NJ is coming to an end, only the best spots will survive.

Been eating at this Jamaican joint for my takeout needs and this soul food joint in Irvington.

Well, thats good to hear :yeshrug:

Chinese spots are overrated and you never see the owners or the chefs eating the food.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Chinese spots are overrated and you never see the owners or the chefs eating the food.
I have, the little waitress chicks at the buffet would sit down and eat before it got busy, but they would odd random things like the seaweed salad.

I also noticed that the Indian tech dudes would small bowls of soup at the indian buffets, not large plates of curry and rice like everyone else.