NYC has had a lesser impact on the urban community than California and the south

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Old school caddys, lincolns, OJ's, well I don't know if you would consider it old school back then, were pretty popular out here in the 70's/early 80's. Strip Club/booty shaking songs were made popular by Luke and the Miami bass sound, so I'll give you that. And yes, nowadays southern influence is more shown up north with music features, the slang and people drinking syrup, etc. But the stuff that southern Hip Hop was doing in the 00's (with the 808's and car culture) was already done in NY in the beginning of the Hip Hop era. Difference is they (south) added their own flava to it.

Basically...

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
nyc started rap though.......

Basketball was made by a white man but brothes made it enjoyable and stylish. If it was not for the south west cost and Midwest hip hop would be nothing. NY loves to reinvent history acting like they started everything.

Kemyran

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
In this thread, people who haven't personally had shyt to do with starting any urban trends argue about what area of the country they happened to come out of their mother's vaginas in is better.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Basketball was made by a white man but brothes made it enjoyable and stylish. If it was not for the south west cost and Midwest hip hop would be nothing. NY loves to reinvent history acting like they started everything.

my point is without the invention none of this shyt we know now as hip hop wouldn't be here.

call_me_step_daddy

Real nikkaz,beat bytches
Daps
Reppin
in ya mama bed

punking new york nikkas as a sport
being tatted the fukk up( some whiteboy/mexican started that shyt)
crack and weed selling
rioting (nikkaz rioted way before that watts and rodney king shyt)
not being bullied by the police( :comeon: )
jerseys (hell no)
fitteds (fukk no)
gold teeth (gtfoh)
music for cars (are you on crack?)
white T's (mexicans)
chucks (nobody except ya'll and mexicans still wear them shyts)
levis (no)
Big rims on cars n trucks ( ya'll was riding 13 inch daytons..not big rims :comeon:)
having fly ass rides, not just expensive shyt (uhh no..maybe that 64 shyt..but again..it was mexicans
women everyone is :ohlawd: over (miami)
having nikkas shook to come to your city (:comeon: tourists was never scared of L.A..miami had tourists shook during them coke wars)
gangbanging (wasn't chicago was banging before ya'll?)

NYC aint influenced shyt since the late 80's... y'all have just done shyt the south and LA did but did it wrong ( the new york way) and made our shyt hot again.

blacks in LA whole style was pretty much a copy off of mexicans

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yall nikkas arguing about who started the crack epidemic :what: :snoop:

:why: no what I mean. Like that's some sort of badge of honor. What's up with inferiority complex cats got with NY out here.this nikka zay is the main culprit too. Don't know other city get hated on as much as ny. Worry about ur city and k.i.m. Breh

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
damn these threads are always good for some comedy