NYC has had a lesser impact on the urban community than California and the south

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's always been true fam. The only significant thing NY contributed was hip hop, and even with that, they got it snatched from them by the west and we shaped rap up to what its really posed to be. Now 90% of NY rappers are spittin over southern beats :dry:

nikkas who one starred this thread, tell me im lyin:shaq:

NY rappers rapping on 808s just seems forced and out of place. "What goes around, comes around." I reside here and I agree that the NY hate was gonna come back and bite back hard. Now NY is the butt of all jokes in 2012 Hip Hop and everywhere else is popping on their music scene.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
You cats cant possibly be serious lol

Edit: But while we are here. I must say the main problem with NY music wise is that nikkas is stubborn in their ways. Its 2012 and cats still want to rhyme about "How they be in the project hallways" over Dj Premier beats 24/7 . NYC needs a lil b type of cat to come out here and spark some creativity and wackyness which will flood the gates with creativity and shyt. NY nikkas is too angry man.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
nikkas from the south been had gold teeth since the 1800's.... gold/silver teeth have always been associated with country ass nikkas from the south. way before y'all thought to have that southern look.

only a new york nikka would think they came up with putting gold in their mouths.

Daps
NYC has had HUGE urban impact BUT that is because Southerners came here in the early 1900s. BUT at the same time you had Jamaicans and other Carribeans and Africans come here and other nationalities come in and integrate their different ideas. The thread title is absolutely untrue but those are some things to consider. Cali has had minimal urban impact. To be honest why si this even a discussion considering most to all "urban impact" is negative in some way shape or form?

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
berneydidnotread.gif

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My man nobody rockin funky ass grills in new York b lol. We let y'all think y'all doin something fly with that goofy sh it lmao.

Daps
nikkas from the south been had gold teeth since the 1800's.... gold/silver teeth have always been associated with country ass nikkas from the south. way before y'all thought to have that southern look.

only a new york nikka would think they came up with putting gold in their mouths.

Chinese had gold teeth before them if you wanna start taking it back. And according to Wiki Gold Teeth started in Miami in the 60s.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Another thing I never understood cats bytching about. Was the way ya make it seem like NY been quiet for centuries. When just like 5 years ago. 50 cent was the biggest rap star in the game. And before that it was Jay...and before that it was X and so on.

Just because lil wayne and kanye took over the forefront of hip-hop for a couple of years dont really mean shyt. Besides give it time, Im from here. I assure you a New York megastar is gonna come up in the next 2 years.

But besides all that. Ummmmm how is LA relevant mainstream wise right now?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Another thing I never understood cats bytching about. Was the way ya make it seem like NY been quiet for centuries. When just like 5 years ago. 50 cent was the biggest rap star in the game. And before that it was Jay...and before that it was X and so on.

Just because lil wayne and kanye took over the forefront of hip-hop for a couple of years dont really mean shyt. Besides give it time, Im from here. I assure you a New York megastar is gonna come up in the next 2 years.

But besides all that. Ummmmm how is LA relevant mainstream wise right now?

Really breh? 50 cent was the most relevant rapper in 2007? :russ: nikka try 10 years ago :stopitslime:

And PLEASE stop acting like LA is not relevant anymore when Tyga, Odd Future(wack as they can be), Nipsey and Kendrick Lamar are doing their thing. sit yo ass down nikka, the only relevant artist yall got is a female :laugh:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Really breh? 50 cent was the most relevant rapper in 2007? :russ: nikka try 10 years ago :stopitslime:

And PLEASE stop acting like LA is not relevant anymore when Tyga, Odd Future(wack as they can be), Nipsey and Kendrick Lamar are doing their thing. sit yo ass down nikka, the only relevant artist yall got is a female :laugh:

None of them nikkas you mentioned is pushing units b.

Haha thats the problem with ya Southern nikkas. Ya always got NY's dikk always up in ya mouth its reaks of a inferiority complex. Face it G, we are always gon be a smoother look than sum country ass bama. Dont make me come down there and put dem paws on you like Stevie J did Scrappy whoodie. :usure:

How a 90's NY producer got more pull and badder bytches, than the so called "Prince of the ATL" :pachaha:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs

Haha thats the problem with ya Southern nikkas. Ya always got NY's dikk always up in ya mouth its reaks of a inferiority complex. Face it G, we are always gon be a smoother look than sum country ass bama. Dont make me come down there and put dem paws on you like Stevie J did Scrappy whoodie.

How a 90's NY producer got more pull and badder bytches, than the so called "Prince of the ATL" :pachaha:
nikka who df still selling a large amount of albums in 2012? :what:

You cant honestly tell me LA rap scene is dead, when the only ppl relevant from NY is nicci minaj and camel.

Oh yea

LIVE-LOVE-AAP.jpg

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Haha thats the problem with ya Southern nikkas. Ya always got NY's dikk always up in ya mouth its reaks of a inferiority complex. Face it G, we are always gon be a smoother look than sum country ass bama. Dont make me come down there and put dem paws on you like Stevie J did Scrappy whoodie. :usure:

Those artist will be where's Waldo in 2 years b.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Those artist will be where's Waldo in 2 years b.

I'll even give him TDE n Nip lol

But did this nikka really try to come at me saying

Frank-Anthony-Ft.-Tyga-Rubbing-Off-On-You-Lyrics.jpg

n

3f8a0573.jpg

Are Defining the new west, and pushing urban culture :whoo::merchant::usure: