NYC college student sentenced to year in Dubai prison after touching airport security guard’s arm

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Doesnt matter what you guys think of her personal decision to travel for her purposes. The point is, touching someone, though not necessarily acceptable in some cultures, should not rob you of a year of your life. Everyone make mistakes and she's young.

one side of the story
dubai attracts 19 million tourists a year, 16 million are international.

People from all over the world go to dubai and nothing

Even the whole custom agents laughing? yeah right :mjlol:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Not sure why all these miserable fukks in here think they need to pass judgement on a situation they didn't witness and know absolutely nothing about.

Anyways, when you are abroad and get arrested, never sign anything you do not understand. Tell them to call the US embassy, you have a right to consult them.
Cmon bro you acting like a new nikka. You know thecoli don’t fukk with human rights

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I urge black people to be very wary and careful of traveling to these autocratic monarchical and authoritarian countries who are usually government by theocrats and have no checks and balances. I have no interest in visiting any middle east country whatsoever, give me a trip to ireland or france over dubai or uae anyday,
i like systems with constitutional democracies and structure , not one person or group rule

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
100 years ago they were living in tents in the desert chopping each others heads off and thats exactly where they are gonna be in another 100

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
She wanted to leave to airport during the layover to see the city. Not sure how this happened but no reason to touch anyone. As a US citizen they ask you a couple questions stamp you and send you in your way usually.

Edit read more. She had just got a tummy tuck and probably felt some type of way when the female agents were laughing at her for getting surgery. Tried to move one of them out of the way to ask her friend to help her out it back on and now she learned a lesson. Everywhere isn’t the states.
Damn this bytch 21 getting a tummy tuck

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
americans think they can go anywhere in the world and live the way they do in amerikkka.

Can't go to singapore and be spitting in the street, cant go to japan and be a litterbug, cant go to uganda with that fakkit ish, can't be disrespectful in these arab countries

I've been to dubai and had no issues, but I didn't raise my voice nor touch anyone.
They can live a life of debauchery in Dubai the same as they can in the US. The country just hates women.

Touching a person’s arm can get you a year in the slammer, but you can drink and smoke like it’s nobody’s business :heh:

These countries don’t give a damn about religion, they just have a culture of oppressing women