NY Drill Music made it all the way to Italy

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I’m 30 years old. I know who follows Kanye and as for as the hood goes the hood is only checking for his shoes 99% of the time.

the majority of the hood isn’t waking up talking about let’s go cop a Kanye shirt or pair of pants.

:mjlol:
im not even talking about direct influence like that.

an example of what im talking about is at the beginning of his career Kanye (and also Pharell) softened up streetwear...
....they actually birthed that whole movement.

Kanye continued to do that throughout the years.
You dont even know how he influenced you and young black fashion.

You denying that shows your ignorance to the history of the culture.

NOBODY old enough to remember the late 90s to early 00s would deny that shift.

The pink polo and Bape era killed the super gangsta rap era...
...with the 50 vs Kanye magazine cover making it official

Jards

All Star
Daps
You didnt say nothing about a 'mixture' :unimpressed: :dahell:

fukk outta here with your semantics lol

All the evidence that you looked for to show that I’m “completely wrong” doesn’t exist and your initial rebuttal has blown up in your face so you’re backtracking and scrambling :skip:
You literally said.....
"Uk drill sounds more like grime in tempo, beat, and sequencing" basically saying that they came up with the shyt went thats not true."

Show me where I’ve “literally” said the highlighted :unimpressed:

Don't backtrack now my friend:ufdup::comeon:

And if it is then those uk bois need to go ahead and call that shyt something different.........

But they wont because they know what the real is:sas1:

They gotta change the name why? Lol because some keyboard warrior call “How Sway?” from The Coli who’s sucking DJ L’s dikk has told them to? :skip:

fukk outta here :camby::mjlol:

Jards

All Star
Daps
I believe that cause I follow fashion and don’t make things up like you. Please show me pics of all the urban kids wearing shirts and pants that Kanye influenced

:deadmanny:

I really want to see evidence of these people wearing his hilarious clothes on the runways in the streets outside of soho

:bryan:
He’s not wrong to be fair. Streetwear (i.e Bape, Supreme) is a thing now in hip hop because of Kanye and Pharrell. High fashion (i.e LV, Balenciaga, etc) is a thing because of Kanye and Pharrell. I’m certain Urban kids didn’t even know what Balenciaga was until Kanye was speaking on. Ripped Jeans/Destroyed Denim is literally a thing because of Kanye.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
im not even talking about direct influence like that.

an example of what im talking about is at the beginning of his career Kanye (and also Pharell) softened up streetwear...
....they actually birthed that whole movement.

Kanye continued to do that throughout the years.
You dont even know how he influenced you and young black fashion.

You denying that shows your ignorance to the history of the culture.

NOBODY old enough to remember the late 90s to early 00s would deny that shift.

The pink polo and Bape era killed the super gangsta rap era...
...with the 50 vs Kanye magazine cover making it official

This is true. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe and gave away my super baggy clothes back in 2006, when Kanye, Pharell, and Jim Jones killed baggy urbanwear

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
He’s not wrong to be fair. Streetwear (i.e Bape, Supreme) is a thing now in hip hop because of Kanye and Pharrell. High fashion (i.e LV, Balenciaga, etc) is a thing because of Kanye and Pharrell. I’m certain Urban kids didn’t even know what Balenciaga was until Kanye was speaking on. Ripped Jeans/Destroyed Denim is literally a thing because of Kanye.

That’s probably true for cities that do not have fashion sense but what you don’t know is that some of these rappers get their fashion ideas from cities themselves. @Sankofa Alwayz just posted a video of Kanye West saying some of his swag came from DC.

I’ll give you Bape but I wouldn’t even go as far to give you Supreme cause the supreme store in Manhattan always had a true fan base even before Kanye West started speaking about it and even till this day the vast majority of people who wear supreme are hypebeast people.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk outta here with your semantics lol

All the evidence that you looked for to show that I’m “completely wrong” doesn’t exist and your initial rebuttal has blown up in your face so you’re backtracking and scrambling :skip:

Show me where I’ve “literally” said the highlighted :unimpressed:

They gotta change the name why? Lol because some keyboard warrior call “How Sway?” from The Coli who’s sucking DJ L’s dikk has told them to? :skip:

fukk outta here :camby::mjlol:
It aint even that serious my nikka :heh:
We just talking music, nikkas taking shyt personal :dahell:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
That’s probably true for cities that do not have fashion sense but what you don’t know is that some of these rappers get their fashion ideas from cities themselves. @Sankofa Alwayz just posted a video of Kanye West saying some of his swag came from DC.

I’ll give you Bape but I wouldn’t even go as far to give you Supreme cause the supreme store in Manhattan always had a true fan base even before Kanye West started speaking about it and even till this day the vast majority of people who wear supreme are hypebeast people.
Pyrex
Off White
Just Don
the whole Gilden/Champion merch trend.

I could probably keep going

and no...Supreme had nothing close to the following before Kanye and Pharell.
Its a skate brand...Ye/Pharell put a lot of eyes on Supreme.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What’s hot in urban fashion now is what I mentioned. Trucker hats and patched World Series fitteds non-black brim, Chrome Hearts, Mike Amiri jeans, VLone, Dior, Prada, B.B. Simons belts, Moncler jackets a lot of this shyt was being worn in NY over 10 years ago when nikkas down South was still wearing super baggy clothes.

Nobody is dressing like Kanye today the only thing hot is his sneakers. BAPE isn’t really even in style at the moment.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Pyrex
Off White
Just Don
the whole Gilden/Champion merch trend.

I could probably keep going

and no...Supreme had nothing close to the following before Kanye and Pharell.
Its a skate brand...Ye/Pharell put a lot of eyes on Supreme.
Who the fukk is wearing Pyrex and Don C hats in 2021?

Ur talking points are stuck in 2011.