NXT moving to the CW in October 2024

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Nah, this is worse than the TNN/WWE/ECW mess. ECW didn't self sabotage themselves like NWA did with that stupid fukking cocaine spot. That may have supplanted Jack Perry's bullshyt as the biggest wrestling fukk up of the year.
Not defending the coke spot. But I remember Paul Heyman cutting promos against the network (TNN) like every week though and created Cyrus/network representative character as well. Dude actions definitely didn't help ECW business at the time.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Not defending the coke spot. But I remember Paul Heyman cutting promos against the network (TNN) like every week though and created Cyrus/network representative character as well. Dude actions definitely didn't help ECW business at the time.

That started after ECW's TNN run began.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I believe that started after ECW's TNN run began and when it became known that they were starting to negotiate with WWE.
You are probably right. I always thought it effected his ability to get other TV deals but who knows with how he was handling the company and it's books at the time if they had the infrastructure to go much further even with a new deal.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
You are probably right. I always thought it effected his ability to get other TV deals but who knows with how he was handling the company and it's books at the time if they had the infrastructure to go much further even with a new deal.

Looked it up, and ECW's dissatisfaction with TNN started a couple weeks after their first show aired. It was long before WWE got into the picture of negotiating TV rights.