NWA Cast Weighs in on Controversial Casting Call

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Let's say she didn't. Does that make Dee Barnes' story less factual, and Dre's actions less reprehensible?

I wasn't talking to you.

But since you asked, where did I say Dee Barnes' story wasn't factual or that I don't believe it?
Or where did I say Dr. Dre's actions aren't reprehensible?

You're the same people who rightfully shyt on Paula Dean for admitting to using the n-word 25 years ago, but we should just forget that Dre beat SEVERAL women 25 years ago. You all really are the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm not that same person at all, you have no record of anything of this type from me.

I would implore you to stop acting like all Black men are the same here, but I know it doesn't matter to you.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
what the fukk are you talking about? :have you seen the movie?

image1.jpg

like i said, they were looking for specific types of women to fill specific roles. they have just about every variety of black woman you can find listed on their casting call. at the very top of the "hierarchy," the first thing requested is a black woman.

edit: the only mistake they made was how they alphabetically listed the requirements. if the "D Girls" were listed as the "A Girls," black women would have nothing to say
You really can't see what's wrong with this casting call other than that? The A-D description was deliberate, but it's not the only shytty thing about this casting call. Black women would absolutely have a problem with this casting even if the groups weren't there.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You really can't see what's wrong with this casting call other than that? The A-D description was deliberate, but it's not the only shytty thing about this casting call. Black women would absolutely have a problem with this casting even if the groups weren't there.
what would be the problem then? you still haven't made one logical argument against the casting call.

the only alternative is making it an open casting call for all women. then waste time and money, as you cherry pick the women who fit the characters for your movie. would you prefer that?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
what would be the problem then? you still haven't made one logical argument against the casting call.

the only alternative is making it an open casting call for all women. then waste time and money, as you cherry pick the women who fit the characters for your movie. would you prefer that?

Seriously.

This thread has me wondering what the casting call for "The Color Purple" and "Waiting To Exhale" looked like...

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
edit: the only mistake they made was how they alphabetically listed the requirements. if the "D Girls" were listed as the "A Girls," black women would have nothing to say
They're listed alphabetically for a very specific reason. It's because its based on hierarchy. It's essentially A-list (meaning best), B-list (meaning second best), etc...

But even if that weren't the case, you're saying black women would have nothing to say about darkskin women automatically being placed in a category of poor or out of shape in 'D' while lightskin girls are placed in the category of 'fine girls' in 'B'? :what:

shyt is this is why I rarely post on the coli.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I wasn't talking to you.

But since you asked, where did I say Dee Barnes' story wasn't factual or that I don't believe it?
Or where did I say Dr. Dre's actions aren't reprehensible?

I'm not that same person at all, you have no record of anything of this type from me.

I would implore you to stop acting like all Black men are the same here, but I know it doesn't matter to you.
I's my thread, honey. I'll address whoever I want to.

I'd prefer that a movie by black males not try to cast the female inhabitants of the hood as ONLY dark-skinned, overweight, and weave wearing women as that has never been and will never be an accurate reflection of its female inhabitants. Let's break down every problematic thing in the casting as you don't seem to be able to get it.
  • That disgusting hierarchy that clearly puts a premium on skin tone with dark being implied to be be the worst.
  • The insinuation that light skin, healthy bodies, attractiveness, and long hair are synonymous. Why was skin tone even listed in this portion? It implies that the only group of women with these traits are light-skinned women.
  • The A portion of the list was the only one that included all races of women, got the best descriptors which were classy, finest of the fine etc. Which is truly disturbing.
  • Portion C - again placing a premium on skin tone and natural hair vs. weave.
  • Lastly, Portion D That portion insinuates that being poor (how the fukk do you even look poor), overweight, and wearing weave are all synonymous with being dark-skinned.

How could anyone black look at this and not be offended? Then when you put it into context that this is a casting call for an INDEPENDENT black film it's even more disgusting.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're listed alphabetically for a very specific reason. It's because its based on hierarchy. It's essentially A-list (meaning best), B-list (meaning second best), etc...

But even if that weren't the case, you're saying black women would have nothing to say about darkskin women automatically being placed in a category of poor or out of shape in 'D' while lightskin girls are placed in the category of 'fine girls' in 'B'? :what:

shyt is this is why I rarely post on the coli.

if they're looking for an actress to fit a character that's dark, fat, weave wearer; what are they supposed to do? if they're looking for an actress to fit the role of a light skinned girl with natural hair, what are they supposed to do? at the very TOP of the hierarchy, they request black women first. so what point are you making?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I's my thread, honey. I'll address whoever I want to.

I'd prefer that a movie by black males not try to cast the female inhabitants of the hood as ONLY dark-skinned, overweight, and weave wearing women as that has never been and will never be an accurate reflection of its female inhabitants. Let's break down every problematic thing in the casting as you don't seem to be able to get it.

but they didn't and you would know that if you saw the film

• That disgusting hierarchy that clearly puts a premium on skin tone with dark being implied to be be the worst.
black women, regardless of complexion are requested at the top of the "hierarchy"

The insinuation that light skin, healthy bodies, attractiveness, and long hair are synonymous. Why was skin tone even listed in this portion? It implies that the only group of women with these traits are light-skinned women.

once more, if they're looking for SPECIFIC WOMEN to fit SPECIFIC ROLES, WHAT ARE THEIR OPTIONS? if i'm making a biographical movie about precious. am i NOT supposed to request fat black weave wearers? or should i request ALL women, just to make you feel better?

• The A portion of the list was the only one that included all races of women, got the best descriptors which were classy, finest of the fine etc. Which is truly disturbing.
and yet and still, black women are requested first. so what's your point? compton was a predominately black city during the time. do you want them to lie and put in "ALL RACES" just to placate you?

Portion C - again placing a premium on skin tone and natural hair vs. weave.

once again, if you're looking for a specific type of woman to fit a character in your movie; what are your alternatives?

Lastly, Portion D That portion insinuates that being poor (how the fukk do you even look poor), overweight, and wearing weave are all synonymous with being dark-skinned.

last time explaining this, they were looking for women who could fit certain characters. if NWA had a story involving woman that were loud, sassy, overweight, dark skinned; how are they wrong for making a casting call for those type of women? :what:

How could anyone black look at this and not be offended? Then when you put it into context that this is a casting call for an INDEPENDENT black film it's even more disgusting.

blah, blah, blah, faux outrage. when you make a movie that's supposed to be true to life, you dont waste time being PC over the actresses needed to play certain characters. if they depicted compton as nothing but dark skinned, overweight hair hats; you'd have a point. but they didnt, so what the fukk is your complaint?

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
if they're looking for an actress to fit a character that's dark, fat, weave wearer; what are they supposed to do? if they're looking for an actress to fit the role of a light skinned girl with natural hair, what are they supposed to do? at the very TOP of the hierarchy, they request black women first. so what point are you making?
Breh...I don't even know anymore. If you don't see anything wrong with this casting call as it pertains to sub-conscious notions of colorism, you have a lot of learning to do and I have no interest in being the teacher. Peace.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh...I don't even know anymore. If you don't see anything wrong with this casting call as it pertains to sub-conscious notions of colorism, you have a lot of learning to do and I have no interest in being the teacher. Peace.
you have no rebuttal because you're wrong . they aren't in the business of being PC when they're looking for certain types of women to fit certain TRUE TO LIFE characters. i would see the complaints if they didn't request beautiful black women at the top of the list, but since they did; y'all just bytching just to bytch :yeshrug: peace

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
but they didn't and you would know that if you saw the film

black women, regardless of complexion are requested at the top of the "hierarchy"

once more, if they're looking for SPECIFIC WOMEN to fit SPECIFIC ROLES, WHAT ARE THEIR OPTIONS? if i'm making a biographical movie about precious. am i NOT supposed to request fat black weave wearers? or should i request ALL women, just to make you feel better?

and yet and still, black women are requested first. so what's your point? compton was a predominately black city during the time. do you want them to lie and put in "ALL RACES" just to placate you?

once again, if you're looking for a specific type of woman to fit a character in your movie; what are your alternatives?

last time explaining this, they were looking for women who could fit certain characters. if NWA had a story involving woman that were loud, sassy, overweight, dark skinned; how are they wrong for making a casting call for those type of women? :what:

blah, blah, blah, faux outrage. when you make a movie that's supposed to be true to life, you dont waste time being PC over the actresses needed to play certain characters. if they depicted compton as nothing but dark skinned, overweight hair hats; you'd have a point. but they didnt, so what the fukk is your complaint?
Of course they didn't follow this casting. They were dragged from to hell and back. They'd be imbeciles to go through with this casting. As for your asinine repeated statement how many of the women in the film represented actual people, and weren't extras? From what I heard there weren't many, so your assertion that they were casting for a specific person is trash. Also, many of the male actors that they chose to play looked NOTHING like many of the actual people that they played.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course they didn't follow this casting. They were dragged from to hell and back. They'd be imbeciles to go through with this casting. As for your asinine repeated statement how many of the women in the film represented actual people, and weren't extras? From what I heard there weren't many, so your assertion that they were casting for a specific person is trash. Also, many of the male actors that they chose to play looked NOTHING like many of the actual people that they played.
oh, so now you think they changed their original vision from having compton consist of nothing but dark skinned, overweight, hair hats? :mjlol:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
oh, so now you think they changed their original vision from having compton consist of nothing but dark skinned, overweight, hair hats? :mjlol:
Absolutely. That casting call was a PR nightmare. The casting agency apologized and everything. I actually witnessed the outrage in real time. This isn't some new thing. This happened last year.