NWA Cast Weighs in on Controversial Casting Call

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Damn, i didn't even know about this casting call b.s. What else is new tho. When we make a big deal about shyt like this we get labeled men hating feminist. It's sad that some black males never see how wrong shyt like this is.
Then people get upset when women of color make groups for them and by them to up lift each other.

Last edited:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
That's not what the criticism is about. They would be incredibly stupid to follow the original casting call guidelines after the tremendous backlash they received. Black males had no problem boycotting the discriminatory casting in a white movie (Exodus) when it affected them, but when a movie by and for them had a discriminatory casting against black males it was "herp derp" or "they didn't mean anything by it".
Well they didn't follow it :manny:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Damn, i didn't even know about this casting call b.s. What else is new tho. When we make a big deal about shyt like this we get labeled men hating feminist. It's sad that some black males never see how wrong shyt like this is.
Then people get upset when women of color make groups for them and by them to and up lift each other.
These same dudes are upset that old ass Wesley Snipes didn't get cast as Luscious Lyon. :dead: Hypocrites.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Then people get upset when women of color make groups for them and by them to and up lift each other.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I don't care about what the women who were casted looked like. I care about the disgusting categorizations of black women in the casting call, and the insinuation that dark skin, poverty, and obesity are synonymous. I also care that black males instead of correctly denouncing the disgusting casting call they dismiss it by saying things like "they didn't mean anything by it" knowing full well that they would have been crying if they were the target. Though that kind of indifference is to be expected from a privileged group.

Are you sure?
After all, Black folks historically have been known to take stereotypical roles just to work.
So how do you know who would have been "crying"?

Furthermore, do you know of other casting calls like this that were made public?
You don't think it's somewhat strange that this movie is the only one whose casting call was made public?

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just watched the video. It seemed the actor playing Eazy was trying to defend the casting, but the Dre actor actually denounced it to some extent and Ice Cube's son basically said nothing. I opened the video expecting a lot of :cape:, but aside from Eazy, it wasn't really there.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Then people get upset when women of color make groups for them and by them to up lift each other.

They want our outrage all to themselves.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
These same dudes are upset that old ass Wesley Snipes didn't get cast as Luscious Lyon. :dead: Hypocrites.

:mjlol: It never fails either. They say well why would you want dark skin girls to be hoes and bytches but why would you want a dark skin man or any black man to be portrayed as a drug dealing murdering record executive?

They want our outrage all to themselves.
It crazy anything bad happens to a black man whether darkskin or whatever you can count on a majority of black women to empathize with them. But god forbid something happens to us its " well you guys wanted equality right? Oh well look what the feminist agenda did" they almost never take it into consideration that the black woman that get hurt or complain are not even feminist. Its like they lump us all into these groups so that when something bad or negative happens to us they have an excuse not to feel sorry. When something happens to black people i can empathize because i know it could have easily been a family member a close friend or even me. Some black males can only feel empathy for other black males. They never think that it can be their mothers, sisters, daughters or other women in their family. It's really sad.
And just for the record i know its not all, i have black men i know in real life that do care. And ive seen lots of posters that show concern for the well being of black woman. Its just the ones that have the i dont care attitude seem to always have the most to say.

Lana del Rey

Only the ocean can separate us....
Daps
Reppin
Atl
the responses in this thread are beautiful :noah:

It's sad that I saw so many black women on social media praising this movie. Even the ones that would be considered "D class" was praising this movie. It's like they don't even care. Black women need to stop supporting people that don't support them. I have hope for black women and I want to see black women win but there are so many that are "male identified" and that supports misognoir.

Are we positive that ice cube don't post on the coli?!?! He sounds identical to some of these degenerates on here.

Last edited:

Cheeky

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Calgary
Just going to drop this right here....

Here's What's Missing From Straight Outta Compton: Me and the Other Women Dr. Dre Beat Up

1391480183111740586.png

On January 27, 1991, at a record-release party for the rap duo Bytches With Problems in Hollywood, producer/rapper/then-N.W.A. member Dr. Dre brutally attacked Dee Barnes, the host of a well-known Fox show about hip-hop called Pump It Up! Dre was reportedly angry about a Pump It Up! segment hosted by Barnes that aired in November 1990. The report focused on N.W.A., and concluded with a clip of Ice Cube, who had recently left the group, insulting his former colleagues. Soon after the attack, Barnes described it in interviews: She said Dre attempted to throw her down a flight of stairs, slammed her head against a wall, kicked her, and stomped on her fingers. Dre later told Rolling Stone, “It ain’t no big thing – I just threw her through a door.” He pleaded no contest to assault charges. Barnes’s civil suit against Dre was settled out of court.

Continued here:
Here's What's Missing From Straight Outta Compton: Me and the Other Women Dr. Dre Beat Up

^^^This article, more than anything else, is what has convinced me not to see this movie ever.