Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Well, I mean, we still need people to understand, maintain, and fix issues with the code underlying AI programs.

Last thing we need is an AI that nobody understands the programming for. So there should always be some need for coders, even if the demand is less.

I think us IT brehs should be safe though. Always gonna need somebody to maintain the physical infrastructure and fix issues. :manny:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Sounds like he trying to keep spots open only for certain people, so let’s tell the world “naw you don’t need to understand how this shyt work it’s a waste of time”

Even though I will say I agree with him saying that it’s vital to learn actually real life shyt, it’s not vital for kids to specifically learn how to code a particular software at a young age, should the learn about the ins and outs of computers and the basics of how shyt works yes but learning a software seems kinda niche at least for kids

Really should be trying ti master math and science first anyway before you trying to teach kids how to code

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The idea of working for a living will be a thing of the past in 20 to 30 years (and perhaps that's too conservative). By that time much of the ecomomy will be automated. Population decline and the benefits of having lower labor costs with A.I. will make it all but inevitable. Whether we have UBI and be able reap the unprecedented wealth that A.I. will generate will be a political issue.