Now that the dust has settled, can someone explain to me why TFA is considered a good movie when it

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
They should've just put up a :troll: on the screen after the final scene.

Next one gets streamed off gp

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The trade federation were taking orders from Sidius in TPM, and even mentioned/showed his apprentice Darth Maul. Why were they in league with Sidius? What were they gaining by the exciting trade dispute/blockage? Why was Gunray arrested and then randomly appears again in the next movie?

Padme had no reason to tie it all the way back to a new character we haven't seen/heard. And then the Jedi just dismiss it because "it's not in his character". It was just lazy Lucas writing to show that an old Jedi is now a bad guy.

The First Order are remnants of the Empire that want to continue their ideals: fukk up the Jedi, embrace the dark side, kill Luke Skywalker, control the galaxy.

Can we mention the cantina ripoff in AOTC, that includes robot football, prostitutes, a dude selling cigarettes, and a callback to slicing off an arm, even though it makes no sense for the bounty hunter that can change it's face to attack a Jedi instead of just escaping? Oh, and Anakin Skywalker: Space Cop

Tried, and failed at every aspect.

They were gaining trade without taxation, and Sidious convinced them he cpuld get it legalized.

Padme knew of Dooku, the audience didn't. And I agree about the Jedi reaction, a deleted scene (the lost 20) explains why they're not quick to believe a Jedi could do what she claimed but that's not an excuse.

I completely agree that Episode II club scene ripped off the OG Star Wars, now imagine if the whole movie was a giant ripoff.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was garbage

I can't take anyone serious who praises that shyt.

You have to be a in a state of arrested development to praise obvious nostalgia pandering like that.

BLATANT pandering :snoop:

I like it, much better than the previous 3 movies. Only thing I would have changed was Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. Ford mailed it in. Also at the end Rey or Luke should have said something rather than staring at each other
:dahell: Ford was the best part of the movie

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:mjlol: Further proving the theory that BvS stans didn't even watch that movie.

Took risks? Do something different? All that movie does is soulessly rip off Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman, and manages to fukk up both.

What "risk" did they take? Introducing the Justice League in a fukking email? :mjlol:
How you do you "rip off" your own source material? :mindblown:

Did avengers age of ultron soullessly rip off its own comic book origin as well? The only soulless rip off is the force awakens.

Choosing to kill Superman was a risk. Hiring Ben Affleck was a risk. Changing lex Luthor characterization was a risk. Having a dark and adult tone in the midst of the love affair with marvel was a risk. Choosing to trust the audience was smart enough to figure out the Martha scene was about more than just "derp derp their names are the same now we're friends" was a risk.