Now that the dust has settled, can someone explain to me why TFA is considered a good movie when it

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like it, much better than the previous 3 movies. Only thing I would have changed was Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. Ford mailed it in. Also at the end Rey or Luke should have said something rather than staring at each other

kuts

All Star
Daps
It's a good movie for people who've never seen Star Wars and for those who get visibly distressed when the Prequels are mentioned.

But lowkey the trailers told you this movie was going to be a copy of ANH.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It did what it was supposed to do: act as a soft reboot to begin a new trilogy, and wash away the stink of the prequels

true on both accounts, but as a fan i don't believe it lived up to the hype at all.

better than the prequels for sure, but nowhere close to the originals.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
The studio had to appease the mass crowds so they created the most inoffensive safe movie to make sure they could make sequels

not an excuse for making a meh movie, but i understand why :yeshrug:

if Rogue One is good then fukk it, it was worth it :yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Episode III was much better, II was just as good and 1 was a mess but at least George went for something new.

Lmao at acting like people didn't know what the original Star Wars was like so we needed a remake.

Again, the passes this movie gets :wow: on some Drake shyt :wow:

Darth Maul >>>

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Nostalgia and because it's essentially an apology for the prequels. And I'd say it has engaging characters but it does get a pass for basically being a remix. I don't mind that it is but I also don't rate it as high because of it. It can be both a remix while also being a good flick. It's not great it's not trailblazing nor will it be the best of this trilogy (hopefully)
Where do you rank it among the prequels? I definitely have Episode 3 over it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think it's worse than the prequels for the simple fact it's so safe and so generic that it's mind numbingly stupid. It's offensive on how bland it is. They didn't even attempt to make a good film. Just a safe, "fun" cash grab to appease the mouth breathers.

No surprise the same posters that adore marvel films like this trash :russ:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The irony of this thread coming from a BvS stan :mjlol:
I don't think you understand what ironic means.

BVS wasn't some safe retread. Wether you liked or hated bvs is irrelevant.

The film's and their aims are nothing alike.

BVS attempted to do something different than current comic films and took risks all over. They tried for a home run and missed.

The force awakens didn't try to do anything other than pander to overgrown children by being a safe boring remake.

BVS has literally nothing to do with this film and they're nothing alike. Your just pandering for daps like a child from the Disney stan base on here.

A more appropriate response would be making fun of him if he liked age of ultron which was basically the same film as avengers 1 just remixed.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The studio had to appease the mass crowds so they created the most inoffensive safe movie to make sure they could make sequels

not an excuse for making a meh movie, but i understand why :yeshrug:

if Rogue One is good then fukk it, it was worth it :yeshrug:
you mean episode 8 right? Rogue 1 is a one off spinoff