Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Those rumored FVV and Strus contracts are absolutely ignorant.

Houston could use that cap space to slightly overpay Bruce Brown and Dillon Brooks, swing some kinda trade for Jalen Suggs or throw a big offer at Tre Jones. I'd even take Westbrook at a reasonable number over FVV.

Why do we keep having these discussions: the money is irrelevant! Why do y’all keep counting coins

This isnt the 90s or 00s where you’re saving cap space to sign Grant hill and tim Duncan. No one has cap space bro. To be exact, like 6 teams. And the days of stars going to random teams just for money are over. So you almost have to spend the money.

Houston’s highest paid player makes 9M. Indy’s highest 3rd highest paid player is Daniel Theis at 8m. So the annual $ offering FAs is irrelevant! The length is what matters pause. As long as it’s no longer than a 3 year deal it doesn’t matter what they pay them

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The weird thing about all this van fleet buzz is the raptors offense was around the bottom of the league in damn near every modern advanced stats but teams are like "yeah lets pay top money for the point guard who ran THAT offense" :mjlol:

I guess you got to sign somebody.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Why do we keep having these discussions: the money is irrelevant! Why do y’all keep counting coins

This isnt the 90s or 00s where you’re saving cap space to sign Grant hill and tim Duncan. No one has cap space bro. To be exact, like 6 teams. And the days of stars going to random teams just for money are over. So you almost have to spend the money.

Houston’s highest paid player makes 9M. Indy’s highest 3rd highest paid player is Daniel Theis at 8m. So the annual $ offering FAs is irrelevant! The length is what matters pause. As long as it’s no longer than a 3 year deal it doesn’t matter what they pay them
I just listed out some of the guys they could pay instead. :unimpressed:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
The weird thing about all this van fleet buzz is the raptors offense was around the bottom of the league in damn near every modern advanced stats but teams are like "yeah lets pay top money for the point guard who ran THAT offense" :mjlol:

I guess you got to sign somebody.
I saw him play in person, there’s something about the way he plays that screams undersized two guard to me, idk if he can really be the main point on the floor

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The worst part about that potential FVV contract is it probably takes Houston out of the bidding for next year's free agents. Dejounte Murray, Tyus Jones and Monte Morris are gonna be available at the point. Pascal Siakam and Kyle Anderson would fill needs at the PF spot; even Tobias Harris on a reasonable number would help them a lot.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The worst part about that potential FVV contract is it probably takes Houston out of the bidding for next year's free agents. Dejounte Murray, Tyus Jones and Monte Morris are gonna be available at the point. Pascal Siakam and Kyle Anderson would fill needs at the PF spot; even Tobias Harris on a reasonable number would help them a lot.
By then, they hope Amen is at least worthy enough of getting more time there.

The rockets legit have a starting five of just highly rated youth

C Sengun /Garuba
PF Smith /Eason
SF Whitmore /Martin
SG Green /Christopher
PG Thompson /Porter /Washington

Porter is the oldest one there at 23.

Now they have to choose wisely from that group.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
By then, they hope Amen is at least worthy enough of getting more time there.

The rockets legit have a starting five of just highly rated youth

C Sengun /Garuba
PF Smith /Eason
SF Whitmore /Martin
SG Green /Christopher
PG Thompson /Porter /Washington

Porter is the oldest one there at 23.

Now they have to choose wisely from that group.
Thompson has SF size and even looks LeBron-esque in his highlights. Morris or Jones could work with him.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Great news. Dude probably probably regrets forcing his way out of Houston if he really just wants money now because he was offered the 50 mill a year extension right after Steph (which would’ve made him the highest paid player in the league) and he rejected it to get to Brooklyn.

Low key it would’ve been a bad look for Hosuton as an organization to let him back(as a much worst player) and then give him a full max contract for 4 years after he lost his effectiveness. The sport’s equivalent of being a simp

He made his decision (one I not only agreed with but advocated Houston take the initiative on) and there doesn’t need to be a reunion.

What he should regret is gaining 50 pounds out of spite 2-months after the bubble. That cost him everything: hamstrings, rings, and a whole lot of money.