Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That’s market value for a two year contract. Perfect for Amen. Somebody to mentor and show him how to be a pro and then hopefully he’s ready to take over in year 3. lines up perfectly with the youth timeline. I still prefer Tyus Jones or even Conley on his expiring but this is acceptable. I didn’t want anybody on a 4 year deal
If they want to overpay for a guard, they should just drop a bag for Coby White. He's 23 and is poised to take the next step as a starter, and won't cost you 40M+ a year.

He also would look great with a young athletic roster

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Highway robbery. Even though the $ amount is practically irrelevant to them since everybody else is on a rookie deal

They’d be better served throwing the bag at Brook Lopez and Bruce brown
It’s becoming increasingly rare for those 4 years 40+aav deals to have even neutral value let alone positive. They’re basically unmovable for positive assets and you have to almost salary dump for non-productive players , add assets, or just eat the contract. I think msot teams are goin to start goi with these type of 2 year deals like Stone did. This deal favors both Houston and FVF because it’ll allow him to get one more big contract while he’s still in his prime.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they want to overpay for a guard, they should just drop a bag for Coby White. He's 23 and is poised to take the next step as a starter, and won't cost you 40M+ a year.

He also would look great with a young athletic roster
It was a down year for him on a contract year. His name has come up but stone isn’t overpaying for an unproven commodity. If you’re going to overpay they need tk ahve at lest shown something already. That’s just not the case with white. His value is mle at best.

I’m not even big on FVF but he is a scorer and a playmaker and proven it at the top level. Reeves is unrestricted and plus he doesn’t run the offense in La.

I was in interested in one of the Celtics guards but they traded away Smart so now they’re even more important.

Now if y’all interested in moving Caruso…..

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was a down year for him on a contract year. His name has come up but stone isn’t overpaying for an unproven commodity. If you’re going to overpay they need tk ahve at lest shown something already. That’s just not the case with white. His value is mle at best.

I’m not even big on FVF but he is a scorer and a playmaker and proven it at the top level. Reeves is unrestricted and plus he doesn’t run the offense in La.

I was in interested in one of the Celtics guards but they traded away Smart so now they’re even more important.

Now if y’all interested in moving Caruso…..
I'm 100% for bringing Coby back and giving him the starting PG spot. I feel that the Bulls suppressed his value by not revisiting him as their starter this season.

The numbers were down, but his feel for the game and defense was much improved. I'm not mad that teams aren't going after him too much because I want him back.

:hubie:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
It’s becoming increasingly rare for those 4 years 40+aav deals to have even neutral value let alone positive. They’re basically unmovable for positive assets and you have to almost salary dump for non-productive players , add assets, or just eat the contract. I think msot teams are goin to start goi with these type of 2 year deals like Stone did. This deal favors both Houston and FVF because it’ll allow him to get one more big contract while he’s still in his prime.

Did they change bird rights from 3 year deals to 2 year deals?