Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
That’s market value for a two year contract. Perfect for Amen. Somebody to mentor and show him how to be a pro and then hopefully he’s ready to take over in year 3. lines up perfectly with the youth timeline. I still prefer Tyus Jones or even Conley on his expiring but this is acceptable. I didn’t want anybody on a 4 year deal
market value where? Brunson just signed for 25 million last summer …that’s a ridiculous overpay

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That’s market value for a two year contract. Perfect for Amen. Somebody to mentor and show him how to be a pro and then hopefully he’s ready to take over in year 3. lines up perfectly with the youth timeline. I still prefer Tyus Jones or even Conley on his expiring but this is acceptable. I didn’t want anybody on a 4 year deal
Yeah they have nothing but cap space and you're going to have to over pay to get FVV to take a shorter contract. I think this makes a lot of sense.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They mean 8.3m, right?
Nope it’s smart they bring him in overpaid but the next season he will be a large expiring and hopefully by that point Amen is ready to take over or they can trade for someone else.