Orlando
it's pretty much down to the Raptors, Nets and Bulls for 2 play-in spots

Why would BK be better than any of those teams?? :gucci:

Wizards I’ll give you but other than that
all those teams have multiple high level cornerstones. BK has only one

Ivey-Cade-Duren
Melo-Miller-Myles Bridges back
Banchero-Wagner-and what feels like a decade of chemistry

That’s why BK is silly bc with a 25 year old untouchable bridges they will STILL be a terrible team

Braman

Superstar
Daps

Kings being the only win-now team with cap space is going under the radar. No point in saving cap space in todays game, so the Kings should give the bag to Brook Lopez. He could be the solution of ‘who to put next to Sabonis’

Fox-Huerter-Murray-Sabonis-Lopez :ohlawd:

Bench: Mitchell, Monk, Barnes

Could be a WCF squad

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Why would BK be better than any of those teams?? :gucci:

Wizards I’ll give you but other than that
all those teams have multiple high level cornerstones. BK has only one

Ivey-Cade-Duren
Melo-Miller-Myles Bridges back
Banchero-Wagner-and what feels like a decade of chemistry

That’s why BK is silly bc with a 25 year old untouchable bridges they will STILL be a terrible team
Because Bridges/Claxton/Johnson is a solid building block and Marks does get the benefit of the doubt for being able to find cheap supporting pieces who can at least contribute. They just lack superstar level talent, which caps how good they can be. Not a high ceiling, but not a low floor either, which kinda puts them exactly where I said they'd be.

In the short term, none of your picks are undoubtedly better. They have higher upsides, which is great, but irrelevant right now.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Because Bridges/Claxton/Johnson is a solid building block and Marks does get the benefit of the doubt for being able to find cheap supporting pieces who can at least contribute. They just lack superstar level talent, which caps how good they can be. Not a high ceiling, but not a low floor either, which kinda puts them exactly where I said they'd be.

In the short term, none of your picks are undoubtedly better. They have higher upsides, which is great, but irrelevant right now.

Fam….that’s not a ‘solid building block’. Also ‘solid’ is code for not good enough

Also, lol @ ‘they have higher upsides which is cool’. That’s not ‘cool’ that’s the entire point

I don’t think you realize bridges is 25 and cam jonnson is 27.

I also don’t think you realize this ain’t back in the day, there is no ‘we’ll free up cap space to sign a star’. It takes damn near 50m cap space to sign a star. It’s not happening. Also scroll up at the teams with cap space. Brooklyn aint one of em. So you have a mid roster with no youth that’s still high priced, they have a terrible outlook. :pachaha:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Fam….that’s not a ‘solid building block’. Also ‘solid’ is code for not good enough

Also, lol @ ‘they have higher upsides which is cool’. That’s not ‘cool’ that’s the entire point

I don’t think you realize bridges is 25 and cam jonnson is 27.

I also don’t think you realize this ain’t back in the day, there is no ‘we’ll free up cap space to sign a star’. It takes damn near 50m cap space to sign a star. It’s not happening. Also scroll up at the teams with cap space. Brooklyn aint one of em. So you have a mid roster with no youth that’s still high priced, they have a terrible outlook. :pachaha:

Trust me. I'm aware. I'm also aware that under different circumstances, they'd jettison both of them elsewhere, but they're not because they're not rebuilding.
There's only 2 arguments in favor of tearing everything apart, record be damned:

1. they're older than people think
2. even if the Nets lost 60 games and gave up the #1 pick to Houston, that player is likely to be mid anyway.

I'm not disagreeing with your belief that their outlook isn't great. I'm saying they're not interested in going through that again and won't til they regain control of their own picks. They're fine right just treading water. By your logic, you think only Washington is worse than BK right now. If that's the case, let Cam Johnson go. Trade Bridges, but then Scoot would just miserable for 4 years because the team wouldn't have the means to improve around him. It would just be Scoot and 2 ballhogs and a fashion model on the bench.

Last edited: