Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basketball is a legacy sport now.. rich kids and kids of former nba players will be the norm.. no more of the days of scouting kids from the “inner city or “playground” anymore..
My kid is gonna be tall as hell, I might push him towards volleyball instead of basketball for exactly what you're saying. The money and time investment to keep up in basketball is extreme now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Soooo they gonna let Bridges AND Pj hit the market :wtf:…. In an era where hardly anyone hits the market? And they might literally be the only projected starters available 25 n under? Yea them nggas not Re-signing. This is a fumble

Charlotte is about to be a test dummy and case study for why you extend your guys. You’re not just paying for them, you’re paying for the void left and cost to go find a replacement, which you basically cant. Some young team with no money on the books will send them a bag whether it’s Portland, DC, Utah, San Antonio, etc

All while Brandon Miller just might be ass. :martin:
fumble what lmao :laff:

pj is one of the worst finishers in the paint at his position and one of the worst rebounders with his minutes/usage in the league

teams gotta stop being afraid of 'losing' mid ass players when they ain't even a playoff team or put together two solid seasons individually - or even being capable of manufacturing stats in a down year. signing them isn't a discount. its an overpay. especially in the context that NO ONE offered them shyt worth tying up their cap over even in a weak ass FA class.

and i don't think people understand what UFA means when you still retain bird rights. if they want their biggest contract possible, it *has* to come from charlotte facilitating it either directly or through a s&t. so if they want to retry their contract year in 2024? by all means. and good luck to them.